Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Be "present" in the assigned market space. (Networking, tradeshows, conferences, customer visits)
2. Understand the overall drivers of the assigned market space and the needs of the market.
3. Translate market needs back to the organization for the purpose of product development and improvement.
4. Provide guidance to Product Management for market pricing.
5. Understand competitive activity and create strategies to counteract and overcome competition.
6. Collaborate with BU team on product portfolio.
7. Interact with procurement, technical and suppliers to understand new material offerings and to help ensure our approach to current offerings is optimized.
8. Working with Commercial Management, identify targeted key customers. Set goals and collaborate with the commercial team to achieve those goals.
9. Grow sales volume and margin meeting or exceeding BU defined goals.
10. Collaborate with operations to ensure market needs are being met.
11. Responsible for profitably growing revenue in the Automotive market for Engineered Composites globally
12. Interface with A. Schulman colleagues across regional boundaries for market strategy alignment within the entire organization
13. Translate successful application stories across the business through value proposition of material solution and identification of new customers to penetrate
14. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herewith are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 10 years in B2B business environment working closely with sales or customers in the Automotive market.
Bachelor's degree in Business / Management /Technical or related degree from an accredited university.
Experience with thermoset composites and/or thermoplastics preferred.
Previous experience in a Sales or Marketing role.
Technical experience with either work or education preferred but not required.