Meet MedPro Group. We're an industry-leading Berkshire Hathaway insurance company with a passion for our clients and our team. We are hundreds of professionals with varied backgrounds and experience levels who came together to achieve one goal: protecting those who have made it their mission to serve and care for others. Never considered the insurance industry before? We think you should.
In this role, you will…
- Execute a territory's distribution plans for Specialty and Physicians & Surgeons businesses, leveraging available distribution channels to maximize short- and long-term profitable growth opportunities; achieve level of trust with distribution partners (DPs) and win their loyalty/commitment to MedPro Group.
- Collaborate with the Regional Vice President (RVP), Underwriting, and MedPro Group's functional teams, holding responsibility to execute strategies and achieve goals within assigned territory for new business, retention, pricing, submission activity, and efficiency (i.e., hit ratio).
- Build and maintain effective relationships with regional and functional support staff to achieve regional and corporate objectives; in concert with Underwriting, negotiates with DPs, customers, and/or prospects to ensure optimal profitability with respect to pricing, terms, and conditions.
- Along with the RVP, support optimal distribution efforts and mine profitable growth opportunities through expert competitor analysis, product and service differentiation, and identification of pricing inefficiencies; uncover new market capture opportunities (e.g., target specialties, groups, and/or geographies) and coordinate with DPs to win that business.
- Coordinate game plans, such as new business and retention goals, with individual DPs; arrange and execute relevant, impactful meetings with DPs (individually or as part of group sessions); hold DPs accountable for performance-related commitments.
- Leverage MedPro Group's systems and customer relationship management tools (e.g., Salesforce.com) in an effective, comprehensive, and timely manner.
- Lead formal presentations to DPs and/or prospects to sell MedPro Group and win business in the market; participate in trade shows and conferences within one's territory and effectively represent MedPro Group to attendees.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with…
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred, or equivalent insurance experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant healthcare professional liability experience to include working knowledge of agency/brokerage relations.
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and strategic-thinking skills with proven ability to initiate positive change.
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork and customer service skills.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- High proficiency level with office support tools and operating systems (i.e. CRM, Microsoft Office suite, etc.).
- Experience in the market/territory where doing business strongly preferred.
- Willingness to reside in the given territory.