We are currently hiring a Market Manager for our Specialty Rolled Products business unit. The Market Manager will be based in Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania (suburb of Pittsburgh) and will be responsible for managing product lines with regard to market prices, forecasts, profit margins and market intelligence and direction. As a Market Manager you will also provide support to the leadership team, business development, planning and outside sales through the development and implementation of specific plans of action.
A successful Market Manager is a thought leader, strategic thinker, strong negotiator, and has a strong business and technical acumen in order to manage, develop and implement strategies utilizing customer growth processes and meet company goals and objectives. In this role, you will be required to travel 20% of the time, including internationally.
- Manage product line within their respective market with regard to prices, forecasts, profit margins, product mix and contracting obligations.
- Analyze product performance, competitiveness, and trends in the marketplace and develop strategies for products based on research and analysis.
- Coordinate with the sales teams to identify and implement appropriate market strategies.
- Negotiate and compose supply agreements with domestic and international customers.
- Provide direction for execution of raw material and currency hedges, contract approval matrices and cost studies.
- Administer non-disclosure agreements.
- Understand the technical aspects of the product and address technical issues and questions that may arise.
- Support and provide market feedback for alloy and product development activities.
- Meet with customers and direct sales representative efforts - targeted at key accounts or growth opportunities.
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies for inventory planning, Business Unit strategic goals.
- Support marketing efforts for the product portfolio by participation in management review meetings with customers, trade shows, advertising, industry associations, and training of both internal and customer teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing and commercial environment
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience in a metals industry and knowledge of mill product production.