Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic and evolving Sales Team where your expertise will develop and advance Sales Managers? Do you have the passion to lead teams, create innovative ideas and make a real impact in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment?
We are currently seeking a Market Manager to join our Sales Team at Altria Group Distribution Company in the Fresno, California area.
As the Market Manager, you will lead and develop Territory Sales Managers to sell and execute marketing and trade programs to grow Altria's companies' businesses and their customers' businesses within the assigned geographical area. You will develop short-term and long-term strategies to build business and organization capabilities to build our brands.
- You will lead and empower a high-performing Territory Sales Manager team (typically 10 – 12 direct reports) through a culture of engagement, teamwork and inclusion. You will be responsible for providing ongoing development and continually elevating the performance of the team, to include advancing talent.
- You will build and execute market plans that address unique business and organizational opportunities, engage with key partners in retail/wholesale accounts.
- You will provide direction on execution plans for Headquarter (HQ) initiatives and work collaboratively with account teams on issues impacting the market. Cultivate strong relationships and collaborate effectively with HQ, peers and account leadership
- Develop a deep knowledge of state and local legislative issues that relate to industry and/or Altria positions; pursue and cultivate relationships with trade associations & key customers to influence at the state & local level
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and/or marketing operations in consumer packaged goods industry with at least 2 years of managerial experience preferred.
- Ability to inform, influence and inspire the actions of others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to develop the skills of the organization and customers to enhance capability.
- Ability to create optimal approaches and alternatives to deliver both customer and value.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize business, organizational and customer information to gain knowledge and insights that influence mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Strong use of influencing skills to gain alignment, agreement, and commitments across internal and external key partners
- Eye for business, financial literacy.
- Fundamental use of operating systems and proficiency around MS Office Suites (Excel, PPT, Word, etc.)
- Experience in leveraging data to analyze business process, insights and recommendations
- Business travel will be required for the first six months for development and training.
At Altria, we are committed to true innovation, process simplification, diversity and inclusion, and rewarding our employees with strong benefits such as:
- Competitive salary with annual incentive compensation target
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees, spouses or domestic partners and eligible dependents
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan that includes options for personal contributions and company match as well as additional company contributions
- Company Vehicle for business and personal use
- Business laptop and reimbursement programs for cell phone and internet
- And more.