Provide strong leadership to effectively develop and drive the strategic and tactical sales and service goals across the assigned market to ensure company goals and metrics are achieved. Play a major role in the recruitment, development and retention of high quality employees at all levels within your market. Oversee the operational soundness of the banking centers through coaching and inspection of policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an aggressive sales strategy designed to drive and exceed established deposit, loan and partner referral goals with new and existing client relationships to support the attainment of scorecard goals and metrics including the overall profitability of the banking centers and market.
- Complete quarterly strategic plans to grow the market including promotions and calling campaigns.
- Promote a sales culture and ensure staff members receive proper training to effectively respond to customer’s needs with knowledgeable and timely recommendations.
- Ensure all banking center team members have assigned sales goals to maximize individual efforts.
- Inspect banking center sales management routines are consistently taking place to include daily huddles, weekly sales meetings, weekly employee touch bases, and monthly observations.
- Review and evaluate weekly and monthly sales reporting at the market and banking center level to review trends and seek understanding of performance objectives and overall branch productivity.
- Promote community involvement within your team and leverage contacts to create new business opportunities.
- Implement effective sales management routines designed to coach, teach, train and inspect sales activities within the assigned banking centers.
- Administer weekly sales calls with banking center leadership team and partners to focus on driving key sales metrics.
- Facilitate frequent touch bases with each banking center manager and lending leaders to discuss specific sales and service metrics with those individuals.
- Conduct a minimum of 2 in-person banking center visits each week to visually inspect and review sales and service levels of all team members.
- Complete branch visit agenda for each banking center at a minimum of every 6 months to ensure compliance with all sales and operational components allowing you to resolve any inefficiencies or problems.
- Conduct monthly banking center manager meetings to maintain a high level of training, knowledge and communication within the market.
- Establish high expectations for superior quality customer service on a wide variety of banking matters.
- Ensure banking center teams and partners are delivering on Gold Standard for Service expectations.
- Use customer feedback surveys to coach managers on how to build customer loyalty and create customer advocates for their banking centers.
- Respond to all customer issues and concerns that are escalated through the customer feedback portal within 24 hours.
- Create and foster a positive employee experience within the market.
- Actively participate in the hiring and recruitment of new employees within your market.
- Create an environment of open, honest and consistent feedback designed to improve individual and company performance.
- Evaluate performance on a consistent basis in an honest and impartial manner. Hold frequent performance and career development conversations to help your employees reach both personal and professional goals.
- Know and be connected with highly impactful bankers within your market for potential employment opportunities.
- Review and resolve personnel issues with the assistance of Human Resources to ensure resolution within established procedures and guidelines.
- Make salary and promotion recommendations as appropriate.
- Oversee and inspect operational aspects within your banking centers.
- Ensure successful results within your market on the monthly operations scorecard.
- Ensure total compliance of physical and informational security policy including business and consumer verification procedures.
- Set, inspect, and maintain high expectations for branch appearance standards.
- Attend and/or complete all applicable annual compliance training classes and ensure completion of applicable training classes for all team members within your market.
Education - Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
Experience - Over five (5) years sales, management, banking, or related experience including serving in a management or supervisory capacity.
License - This position requires S.A.F.E Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements within three (3) months of hire.
Other - None
Prior banking experience
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Over five (5) years sales, management, banking, or related experience including serving in a management or supervisory capacity.
Licenses & Certifications