Our region consists of eight (8) diverse markets with offices in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, Tampa and Miami made up of over 800 team members. Our clients and portfolio of work stretch across our region and beyond serving clients with our network of 45+ offices globally.
What You Will Do
- Grow and continuously develop the business by leveraging relationships among those in the Financial Service Practice Area, community leaders and stakeholders. Continuously explore opportunities throughout the region.
- Position Gensler as the Financial Services Thought Leader by expressing our data, research, insights and knowledge delivering innovative and sustainable design.
- Collaborate directly with the Financial Services Leaders, SE Managing Principals, Office Leaders and the SE Regional Director of Practice Areas.
- Develop, communicate and act on a Practice Area Game Plan which includes market positioning, revenue projections and managing marketing spend, while maintaining a backlog of work and a pipeline of market opportunities across the region.
- Possess the ability to deliver directly, or manage others to perform client management, project organization and start-up, and the development of new projects.
- In collaboration with other Gensler leaders in the Practice Area, leverage the capabilities of the Firm and help build the practice within what is recognized in the Firm with a Workplace studio.
- Have an existing network of connections to clients, brokers, landlords and consultants in this marketplace sector.
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Practice Area Leadership to develop a standard of practice that addresses the unique requirements of this market sector.
- Expand opportunities to work across multiple practices and protocols to offer internal advisory services to appropriate projects.
- Recruit, develop and mentor staff to work on projects.
- Develop client and practice strategies, market positioning and leadership within a design practice focused on market sector clients
- Experience developing relationships with new and existing clients that will enhance the Firm’s competitive advantage and positioning in the market sector with Financial Services Firms.
- Experience in the development and direction of small, medium and large-scale interior design projects especially within the marketplace.
- Proven track record of success in working in a senior management role with a minimum of three (3) Financial Services clients, including participation in the development of client relationships that lead to new and continuing business.
- Proven leadership and management skills, including the ability to develop collaborative relationships that lead to successful results, within the firm and externally – with clients, consultants, and other key participants in the design and development process.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
- Experienced in Revit and Sketch-up advantageous, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Minimum 15+years architectural or interior design experience, inclusive of 5 or more years’ experience in marketing, client development, and/or management of a studio, practice group, or regional office.
- Architecture license or NCIDQ certification is preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred, if not accreditation is required within the first 12 months of employment.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to be articulate and convincing in interviews and other presentations.
- A commitment to the principles of sustainable design and experience integrating them on specific projects.
- Versatile, self-motivated and articulate.
- Available to travel within the SE Region – Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee.