Market Leader / Business Development ( ME ) ( PE )
This role is mostly sales/BD based. This person will be building our Mid-Atlantic market in the healthcare sector. They will assist in managing projects in the short-term while the market builds and then a project manager will be hired to assist this person.
The Market Leader is an experienced engineer, client manager, project manager, and business developer who has a market specific client portfolio. The Market Leader manages their portfolio from initial client contact, through execution of project work, and development of future client opportunities. The Market Leader is responsible for defining proposed project goals, making contractual agreements between client and the firm, on boarding new clients, and maintaining existing client relationships.
The Market Leader is responsible for leading market sector project management team(s) to execute project goals to meet client expectations and to plan and accomplish multiple concurrent projects successfully. The Market Leader plays a key role in overall firm's client management and business development. The market Leader provides lead development, lead management, pre-proposal contacts, proposal preparation and presentations, client management, client maintenance and marketing and business development leadership within target market.
The Market Leader is actively involved in client centric meetings, professional events, and associations for network building and business development. As a Market Sector leader in the firm, this person is responsible for leading and developing target market based professional development, leadership and visibility, profit, and growth of their market. Roughly 50% of this role will be billable client and project level work and 50% business development and management of market based global activities.
The Market Leader will work with the Client Service Group leadership to implement strategy for the market sector and implement priorities to ensure successful client relationships and project services.
- TYPICAL DUTIES:
- Ultimately is responsible for all management and project services submitted to market leader's clients.
- Responsible for market business development goals (sales, proposals, etc.) and efforts to achieve goals.
- Responsible for proposals, contractual agreements, and understanding of client and project requirements.
- Leads project managers to develop execution strategies and provides guidance and support for effective client relationships.
- Ensures client service excellence from original authorization through studies and reports, design, construction and post-construction. Meets all client requirements and quality standards of the firm.
- Ensures effective and professional service delivery with the highest levels of ethics and professionalism.
- Schedules meetings of such frequency as required for periodic checks to ensure client requirements are met, to resolve problems or differences of opinion, and to develop client business.
- Works closely with the project managers to create and maintain a highly functional partnership resulting in practical and executable project and client management strategies.
- Reviews invoices beforedistribution to clients and assists in collection of past-due accounts receivable.
- Oversees and mentors project managers to ensure proper coordination and monitoring of client service, along with the Client Service Group leadership, participates in selection and development of personnel within market team(s), and evaluates personnel within team.
- Contributes ideas and recommends improvements during leadership meetings, strategic planning, and business development meetings.
- 5+ years sales and business development experience with the MEP industry
- Experience selling healthcare facilities is a huge plus
- 10+ years general understanding of building MEP/FP systems, including plumbing, fire protection, heating, ventilating, air conditioning
- PE license
- 5+ years Project Management/Management experience.