Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely onCommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand we are currently recruiting for a Market Intelligence and Strategy Director to join our team. This role can be located in Shakopee, MN, Suwanee, GA, Horsham, PA, Shakopee, MN, Chicago, IL, or Dallas, TX
The Market Intelligence and Strategy Director facilitates the gathering and communication of market intelligence across CommScope, including both quantitative and qualitative data analysis. The role encompasses finding best practices for various intelligence gathering and communication processes and driving these processes across CommScope. The role will be highly collaborative across many internal groups and businesses and will share assignments and resources with the CommScope Corporate Strategy Development and Deployment Group, as well as with Strategy resources within the Business Units. This individual will have high-visibility within theorganization and partner with the Finance, Product Line Management, Marketing, Strategy Development, CTO Office, Corporate Communications, R&D, Sales, and other key departments to ensure thorough understanding of our markets and trends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibilities are to conduct market research using both internal and external sources, and toprovide the resulting information and recommendations to the business for both their everyday decision making, as well as input into the strategic plan.
- Developing talent in the analyst team – helping our analysts to build best practice, establish a team-oriented environment, and building solid skills for both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Develop continuous improvement plan for the market intelligence function: Identify business needs and establish plan to provide service.
- Trends analysis: monitor industry trends and help organization translate them into potential impact to CommScope current and future business.
- Customer and Competitive Analysis: Detailed study of our customer and competitors to understand their business priorities, strategic direction, and tactical moves we could expect them to make. Review market position and potential competitive threats.
- Work with various Business Units and help facilitate their development of Strategy using the CommScope Strategy process.
- Ad Hoc Analysis Projects: Direct research on various research topics as requested by group of internalcustomers including VP of Strategy, Office of the CTO, Sales, Marketing, and Business Units.
- Secondary responsibilities are in the areas of strategy and business development – translating the market intelligence into action for the business.
- Strategy: corporate, global business and segment-level strategic planning; portfolio prioritization; core and adjacent market opportunity analysis; competitor and customer analysis; emerging business opportunities; and strategy development.
- Market Sizing and Analysis Program: Continue to refine and improve our market modelling approach. Deliver both internal and external views on the sizes and growth rates of the markets we serve, as well as selected adjacencies.
- Business Development: business modeling; new business development processes, mergers & acquisitions assessment, and ecosystem alliance development.
- Market/Product Development: product and solutions opportunity analysis; commercialization of new products; new product introduction process support; pricing analysis; segmentation; and New Concepts development.
- Manage and provide input to the Business Unit and Corporate strategy and roadmaps.
- Building and managing customer, partner, and internal organization relationships.
- Facilitation of Strategy Development Workshops.
- Leading cross-functional teams.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Marketing/Communication, Business or related field required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of market intelligence/market research or related experience. required with focus on either business, PLM, or finance experience.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; good presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent computer and technical skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Detail oriented.