It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Innovation Lab Lead is responsible for managing all aspects of the development, build, maintenance, and day to day operation of the Lab. The objective is to create an environment that demonstrates the innovations and innovative environment at Cigna to clients, brokers, providers, and employees. The Lead will work closely with the Health Services Innovation Lab in St Louis as well as across teams that support innovation in the Cigna Commercial business (including, but not limited to, Marketing Innovation COE, Customer Experience, Provider Experience, multiple IT teams, Clinical and Service Operations, Digital Experience, Data and Analytics, Brand, and Corporate Real Estate)
This role reports to the Managing Director, Innovation and Competitive Intelligence and will be located in Bloomfield, CT. While the Lab Lead will not have direct reports (initially), he or she will manage a virtual work team to accomplish the objectives of the Lab. The successful candidate will be able to interface across the organization to understand key priorities, successful innovations, and stakeholder needs. In addition, the Lead will be responsible for scanning the external environment for cutting edge innovations and trends that should be incorporated in the Lab.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Design of the Innovation Lab Strategy. Leveraging the learnings from the Health Solutions Lab and the needs of key stakeholders (clients and employees) to create a new space that both houses innovation activities and provides an inviting environment to bring outside groups in to experience the innovations first hand
- Build out of the Lab. Lead and coordinate the teams that will physically implement the Lab
- Day to Day Management of the Lab. The Lab is not only a working innovation center, but also a space to invite collaboration from stakeholders. The Lead will orchestrate with Sales teams to identify and schedule stakeholders to come and experience the Lab. This includes the logistics of scheduling and the actual hosting of the participants
- Keeping the Lab Fresh. The Lab should always be a showcase for the most up to date innovations offered by Cigna Commercial and interesting concepts that could be commercialized. This will require interfacing with the Solution teams to maintain a current inventory of solutions/features as well as integrating promising concepts being developed both internally and externally
- Establishing an Environment of Innovation in the Lab. First and foremost, the Lab is intended to be an environment that brings together the key groups the create and implement the key solutions and experience for Cigna Commercials customers and clients. The Lab should create an environment of collaboration and creativity to foster innovation across multiple groups. The Lab will demonstrate Design Thinking principles to create this.
- Establishing and Maintaining Goals and Metrics for the Lab.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in driving matrixed projects that involve innovation and/or strategy. Further, the ideal candidate will have substantial management experience, able to work with ambiguity, and comfortable engaging and influencing executive leadership. A strong intellectual curiosity is important and the ability to thrive working in a fast paced, innovation-based environment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience and demonstrate increasing responsibility in their previous roles.
- Ability to build and leverage internal relationships
- Practical business mindset rather than a technical/academic research mindset
- Passion and energy for achieving results through others; influences and inspires others
- Strong commitment to client service and team members
- Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed
- Open minded and creative -seeks 'out of box' solutions
- Open communicator; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment
The successful candidate with have the following credentials:
- 10+ years work experience, with a minimum 5 years working with Innovations or Strategy, Health Care industry a plus
- Education to at least bachelor’s degree level, Mastersdegree a plus
- Understanding of and experience with Design Thinking/Human Centered Design methodologies
- Proven track record of project delivery and successes in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience in client facing roles a plus
- Positive attitude, ambition and impact will be given priority