We are recruiting for the following opportunity:
Market Executive Director, Behavioral Health
Location: United States - Massachusetts - Framingham
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
Job Category: Medical / Health - Other Medical / Health
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Responsible for direct management, performance, implementation and outcome monitoring of Behavioral Medicine Service Line. Departments include all inpatient psychiatric units (adult and child), Geriatric Psychiatric Unit, & outpatient services (Partial Hospitalization Program, Intensive Outpatient Program, individual outpatient treatments).
- Provides strategic leadership and oversight to the continuum of clinical services offered through the Behavioral Medicine Services.
- Develops and implements initiatives to expand and maximize the effectiveness of the Service Line, including targeted initiatives for technical and clinical administration departments.
- Works closely within the nursing and medical staff leadership structure on issues related to service delivery, technology and equipment, capital planning, revenue generation and enhancement, and all other administrative matters.
- Coordinates resources to meet patient care demands.
- Ensures programs and services are in compliance with hospital and corporate policies as well as federal, state, and local agency regulations.
- Developing, reviewing, and achieving behavioral medicine service-line budgets annually
- Coordinating with nursing units in the emergency room, medical/surgical units, clinics and otherpatient care units for patient triage, physician needs, and overall care delivery
- Hiring, development, and management of staff for the particular departments as described above. Performing evaluations and monitoring responsibilities of direct reporting staff
- Implementing strategic planning for on-going business development activities
- Developing and implementing the marketing and outreach strategies
- Facilitating decision making process with physician Medical Directors
- Managing and evaluating potential facility projects
- Maintaining appropriate communications with all physicians regarding all activities
- Participating in negotiations with third-party payers, physicians, healthcare providers, and payers
- Actively assisting in physician recruitment efforts
- Serving as physician and public liaison; serving on community boards as appropriate
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- Registered Nurse, or Master’s level Social Worker, or Bachelor’s degree required. Psychology degree
- Seven years managing a health care related program or service area. Previous leadership
- Outstanding management and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be independent and self-motivated
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
- 7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level - Executive
Management ExperienceRequired - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
The ideal candidate would currently hold a Director level or Regional position with a minimum of 7years direct management of a hospital Behavioral Medicine Service Line, which includes inpatient psych units (Adult, Geriatric, and Child). and outpatient services. They would have clinical management experience with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Psych or a related area.