Provides strategic leadership and oversight for the personnel and operations of the ofAmbulatory cardsservice line for the Detroit Market’s central campus. DMC Specialist in Chief for Cardiology Ensures high quality, cost competitive, consistent and coordinated delivery of services to achieve an effective continuum and integration of patient services consistent with the DMC approach of focusing on customer service, community welfare, responsiveness, respect and involvement.
• Works collaboratively with clinical leadership to create a service line infrastructure comprised of high quality clinical care, incorporating research and teaching activities. Cultivates and maintains professional relationships with primary customers of the clinical area(s) including medical directors, physicians, physician groups, patients, supply vendors and external entities to foster opportunities for revenue enhancement, enhanced customer service and to positively impact core clinical measures.
• Oversees the design, implementation and evaluation of marketing and business strategies to assure growth of the assigned service lines. Participates in community awareness activities to promote clinical programs/services.
. Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Seven years of progressively more responsible healthcare management experience, including experience in related service operations and program development.
3. Bachelor’or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Master's degree preferred.Experience as a senior administrator in a related area or equally complex clinical department in a multi-hospital environment is highly preferred.
4. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan preferred.