About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Surgical - Whatever the latest surgical breakthrough looks like, Teleflex is working to make it happen. From our MiniLap® Percutaneous Surgical System to Weck® Hem-o-lok® Polymer Locking Ligation System, and Weck EFx® Shield™ Fascial Closure System, our portfolio of products adds up to a powerful offering of solutions that helps improve patient outcomes. These innovative, minimally invasive surgery products are offered alongside time-tested and trusted Pilling® Surgical Instrument and Lightsource solutions to provide a comprehensive set of solutions to meet the challenges of an evolving healthcare environment. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is an exciting role, and great opportunity to join Teleflex's growing Surgical business unit. Teleflex's market development team is focused on developing sales leads, adoption of the Surgical portfolio within accounts, and supporting the training department in developing new sales representatives.
· Adhere to and ensure the adherence of Teleflex Code of Ethics, sales operating principles, and all Company policies, rules, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
· Maintain expenses, budget, and materials according to policies.
· Aligned to regional sales quota, and responsible for driving annual goals.
· Collaborating with Regional Sales Manager of assigned region, develop/implement Market Development programs that result in high quality leads. Coordinate with the sales team to ensure high effectiveness of these programs and timing. Ensure that the ROI of these programs is measured and accountable. Provide regular updates to management.
· Develop KOLs within sales region to be used for dinner events and professional education programs.
· Enhance Sales & Marketing Collaboration: According to Strategic Plan, Develop/Support implementation of market development programs with management to facilitate broad adoption by sales team. Follow plan with sales team on strategy, targeting, execution, and best practices.
· In collaboration with Clinical Medical Affairs & sales leadership, support/manage professional educational opportunities (such as resident/fellows training programs, CME credit courses, etc.) designed to expand our brand awareness and drive procedural adoption.
· Develop and maintain operating plan and budget for assigned projects according to policies.
· Responsible for driving new account development within assigned and unassigned accounts.
· Support in evaluation and conversion activities within assigned sales region.
· Support and manage metal and polymer ligation within sales region; performing frequent instrumentation audits and conducting business reviews with key account stakeholders.
· Support in territories that are open due to attrition, medical/maternity leave, or unassigned to field based representative.
· Support North American and Global Marketing teams with new product pilot programs.
Sales Force Development
· Support new hire training with field based coaching and S3 Academy.
Education / Experience Requirements
· Minimum of Bachelor Degree required, MBA preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of proven medical device experience in sales, marketing, professional education, market development, and or clinical equivelency.
· Demonstrated experience in MIS surgical specialties with comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology is required for specific multi-specialty procedures (General/Bariatric, Colorectal, GYN, Urology).
· Demonstrated experience in complex surgical procedure (knowledge), including the nuances of complex procedures ranging from the thoracic, abdominal and pelvic cavities. Additionally, the ability to work with surgeons and influence the use of surgical portfolio.
· Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and work in an environment of change and adversity.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 50% may be required