Ulteig is excited to announce we are looking for a high-performing Market Development Manager to join our Sales and Marketing team. Ulteig is a leader within the industry and is dedicated to being the company people want to hire and a place people want to work. We offer our employees a challenging, dynamic and rewarding work environment. If you're passionate about working as part of a team to drive value to our business, you might have just found your next opportunity.
What You'll Do
The Market Development Manager is an experienced professional within the electric utility industry focused on business growth and development within the power market. As a key member of the Sales and Marketing team, this individual delivers strong sales results in a competitive market leveraging both business development skills and engineering experience. The Market Development Manager builds strong collaborative relationships with internal and external business partners to ensure the voice of Ulteig's clients is included in planning discussion and processes.
- Develops and executes territory and sales/account plans that deliver sales results and client satisfaction.
- Engages with the industry and communities to effectively represent Ulteig, enhance Ulteig's reputation and to build high impact and influential relationships with new and current clients.
- Identifies and aggressively pursues new opportunities with (new and existing) clients and within the power market.
- Drives project development and project launch, and facilitates initial implementation.
- Leads integrated territory, account management and account/sales planning for Ulteig's operation teams (technical services and field services).
- Actively participates in Ulteig's business and revenue strategies.
- Partners with marketing and communication team members to 1) review market research and competitive assessment information and incorporate into planning work 2) ensure materials and information effectively captures the value proposition and is effective with clients.
- Partners with proposal coordinators to deliver effective business proposals, interviews and presentations.
- Works with technical team to identify and allocate resources to projects and other business activities.
- Collaborates with internal and external individuals at all levels within an organization in a team-based environment.
- Maintains the integrity of the client and sales opportunity information.
- Leads internal and external client meetings.
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Technical Sales or Engineering field required.
- Experience in power industry engineering design, construction, and/or project management techniques and philosophies required.
- Engineering background within a professional services firm is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in high-pressure situations while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, public and external agencies.
- High level of initiative and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with clear expectations and timelines.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal/written communications, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access) and additional software knowledge depending on specialty.
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the US.