About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Interventional Market Development Manager will develop and implement market development plans intended to ensure achievement of regional and business unit sales objectives for assigned products. This position will routinely plan and execute market development customer calls with physicians, nurses, technicians, administrators, and other key stakeholders within the assigned region to demonstrate, train, in-service, and promote Teleflex Interventional products and services. The Market Development Manager is expected to be recognized as a clinical and product subject matter expert both internally and externally to the organization. Other duties may be assigned, as required.
- Lead, develop and execute effective market development plans. Coordinate with the sales and marketing team to ensure goal achievement and high effectiveness of programs with measured ROI.
- Build and maintain relationships with potential and existing customers by implementing, driving and advancing vendor, technology and/or category strategies, programs, solutions and trainings with customers and sales representatives.
- Proactively identify opportunities and partner with account-assigned sales representatives to lead educational sessions with the customer and support closing deals.
- Serve as a liaison between Sales and Marketing representing the "voice of customer" by driving optimal utilization of market information, to include competitive information, and analysis to guide insights and decision-making on future strategies.
- Proactively identify changes in healthcare, delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and execute tactics accordingly.
- In collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Clinical Medical Affairs, support/manage professional educational opportunities (such as resident/fellows training programs, CME credit courses, etc.) designed to expand our brand awareness with an effective ROI.
- In conjunction with sales management and marketing, work to identify appropriate local, regional and national conferences to facilitate awareness and help drive adoption of the interventional portfolio.
- In collaboration with sales and marketing leadership, support KOL development directly in establishing key reference centers and opinion leaders.
- Attend/lead exhibits at national or regional conventions/tradeshows, to gain new customers through the detailing of products and execution of promotional programs.
- Maintain clinical and competitive knowledge of the interventional space.
- Maintain expenses, budget, and materials according to policies.
Key Relationships / Interfaces
- Business Unit President
- Vice President of Global Marketing
- Vice President of Sales, North America
- SBU Marketing Directors
- SBU Product Management
- SBU Director and Regional Sales Manager
- QA/RA Department
- Legal Department
- Research & Development
- Global Clinical / Medical Affairs
Education / Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of Sales and or Marketing Medical Device experience
- Interventional Cardiology and or Peripherial Vascular Medical Device commercial experience
- Product Management or Downstream Marketing experience preferred
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) required, MBA preferred.
- Excellent P&L awareness; clear ability to adapt & apply solutions to impact profitability
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Excel, Word, and PPT.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Ability to interpret and analyze sales and marketing plans to develop appropriate strategies and tactics
- Proven experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment from concept through development, review and timely implementation required
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets and forecasts
- Excels at building strong relationships both internally in a heavily matrixed environment, and externally across diverse partnerships
- Superior oral / written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work within the constraints of a regulated industry while achieving business objectives
- Understanding of products, their use environments and audiences
- Understanding of overall healthcare environment/landscape
- Ability to make timely, strategic decisions in an ambiguous, face-paced environment
- Solid business acumen
- Experience with successful product and brand launches