The Market Development Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned dealer partners. The Market Development Manager is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and Dealer partner recruitment objectives, while improving our effectiveness, use of programs and sales volume.
• Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
• Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, marketing strategies and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
• Meets with distribution on quarterly basis to build and ensure execution of Dealer Marketing Plan. Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
• Drives adoption and promotes DSR loyalty initiatives, sales promotions and marketing programs within dealerships.
• Evaluates current product mix of partner dealers on a regular basis, and recommends solutions and strategies for improvement.
• Monitors and recommends effective brand usage and product placement in Dealer showrooms.
• Supports the Dealer sales process by accompanying on sales calls and supporting dealer playbook.
• Manages, oversees, and generates sales activities within region of responsibility. Identify, track, and manage potential opportunities through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
• Confers with manager and peers in the development of business activities. Serves as dealer advocate in selling efforts in a complex, team oriented selling environment.
• Recommends product offering that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
• Make persuasive presentations on product and current trends to Dealer members on Allsteel’s full breadth of product and service offerings and capabilities.
• Maximizes Volume Purchasing Agreements (VPAs) by devising and communicating strategy to target and promote key target accounts with dealer partner.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and develops dealer capabilities in areas of product, sales strategy, design and RFP responses. Works with management to recommend and implement solutions.
• Educates partner distribution through various modes of training including (but not limited to) webinars, onsite training, “Lunch and Learns”, etc.
• Onboards Dealer new hires through regularly structured training on product, processes and programs.
• Serves as product expert. Recommends and specifies products that will maximize profitable growth.
• Support new product roll out with dealerships including training, branding, and effective display.
• Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
• Manages potential channel conflict by fostering excellent communication internally and externally.
• Continuously enhance expertise by participating in training modules on Allsteel’s products and promotions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field Required, MBApreferred
• Minimum of 3 years’ commercial sales experience in the contract furniture or related industry
• Significant experience in sales (interiors) and a proven ability to develop and influence relationships. Knowledge of office environment issues and general business trends.
• Financial acumen, ability to create and execute marketing plan
• Strong communication and presentation skills, organization, and customer (internal and external) support orientation.
• Ability to successfully interact across business functions, from Allsteel HQ to the field sales members and independent dealers.
• Demonstrated ability to lead change, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Firmly aligned with HNI Corporation’s Vision.
• Regionally based, Frequent regional travel required
• Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record