The Market Development Manager will lead the assessment and development of the go-to-market strategy for a broad range of potential product offerings in the Tire Additives market. This position requires collaboration with Technology, Business, Sales, and Marketing to lead and drive growth projects as well as collaboration with external customers, distributors, and other external influencers to ensure all efforts have a strong market connect.
- Identifies, develops and launches market development programs & market penetration strategies (utilizing Stage Gate) resulting in the realization of new business for the Company. Manages the execution of programs that generate new and sustainable growth.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, including understanding customer and market trends, technologies, key buying factors, competitive strategies, strengths & weaknesses, and channels to market. Synthesizes this information to develop value propositions and go-to-market strategies that are both compelling and value-creating.
- Works towards key program milestones, initiating marketing programs and providing direction to the Applications / Technology teams to refine products to support market needs.
- Coordinates with Internal stakeholders for channel & application-based objectives to deliver complete market activation strategies / plans, including pricing strategies and development & execution of promotion plans.
- Utilizes best practice marketing tools to gain insights to identify, develop and launch growth projects, including customer discovery (VOC), customer segmentation analysis, buying process analysis, defining behavioral changes required to penetrate markets and competitive positioning analysis.
- Builds an effective cross-functional project team that will outline and meet key project milestones.
- Identifies innovation opportunities using best practice "ideation" tools to drive new value-creating growth programs through Stage-Gate Process.
- Manages projects and simultaneously collaborates with multiple stakeholders, balancing tactical and strategic issues while driving for results.
- Recommends relevant certifications. Recommends sustainability messaging for marketing collateral. Collaborates with internal Sustainability group regarding Eastman messaging and positioning. Works with industry leading experts on LCA assessment, validation, and communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required, preference for Bachelor of Science in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering
- Chemistry, Biology or other technical degree
- MBA a plus or 3-5 years of experience at business or market development)
- 25-50% travel is required for this position
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial, marketing, or technical roles.
- Experience in the Tire Additives market.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated strategic marketing skills. Experience with Eastman's business & marketing excellence (EBME) and Stage Gate process is highly desired
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, consensus building, and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects from inception to implementation
- Strong influencing skills (activator, communication, command, maximize) in addition to strong execution and relating skills
- Can articulate visions/strategies/ideas/proposals clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in a diverse and often changing project environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Sense of urgency