A successful Market Development Manager assists with identifying, investigating, and evaluating new business opportunities and alliances that promote the organization's objectives. In this role, the candidate will help develop strong consultative relationships with key Design Build Professionals, dealers, and related specifiers / influencers in South Florida to ensure Crestron is listed as a proprietary or preferred vendor.
- In this role, the candidate will create and maintain consultative client relationships and engage in retention selling to ensure continued long-term partnership success with Crestron as well as provide on-site Continuing education training (CEUs).
- He/she will explore and build partner relationships to develop and/or enhance business alliances.
- This individual will coordinate with Sales team to ensure awareness of upcoming projects, opportunities and/or changes in customer specifications in order to maximize chances of opportunity conversion.
- He/She will conduct research and analysis of market / project opportunities while evaluating the market / project opportunities by engaging with clients.
- This individual will participate in strategic planning processes with National Sales Director and help implement business plans and initiatives in coordination with other business functions
- Attend trade shows and industry conferences for educational and customer-oriented purposes
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Engineering preferred.
- 5 years experience in business development, marketing or sales in the Smart Home technology industry.
- Must be well versed in technology with the purpose of selling the Crestron luxury experience.
- Preferred experience in the Luxury Residential Design+Build community, including Interior Design, Architecture or Construction/Development services working with High-net worth individuals on projects.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment, and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning.