The Marketing Development Manager (MDM) is responsible for new account development and expanding existing accounts within a geographic region. They will work with gastroenterologists, as well as bariatric surgeons, introducing Apollo’s product portfolio to the practice. The MDM will manage a defined set of assigned accounts and is responsible for sales growth in those accounts. The MDM will work with their District Manager to ensure Apollo’s marketing programs are being leveraged locally as well as work to set up appropriate local marketing initiatives.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Local business plan development and tactical execution to increase the utilization of Apollo’s product portfolio in the assigned accounts.
- Meet or exceed revenue forecast for the assigned geography.
- Support the clinical needs of customers by in-servicing surgeons, gastroenterologists, as well as supporting staff on Apollo’s products
- Attend and support the evaluation procedures of Apollo’s products to ensure they are being utilized consistently with the products cleared indications, and directions for use.
- Achieve the designated call expectations with a focus on high priority physicians.
- Work with practice office staff and marketing representatives to ensure marketing efforts are being followed up on.
- Work with Regional Director to select and plan account activity for target accounts.
- Work within defined company expense policies and procedures.
- Assist other members of the Regions – by sharing best practices in the territory in order to foster a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration or other health related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3)+ years of sales experience within the surgical or endoscopic device, aesthetic device, and /or business consulting experience within the medical field, preferably in an area related to obesity or plastics
- Previous experience with Laparoscopic, Robotic, GI , or Bariatric experience in the Operating Room or GI Lab is strongly preferred
- An in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the health care environment, including practice management and marketing.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrated creativity, situation analysis/problem solving skills and analytical skill ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key accounts.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to be a good team member.
- Travel requirement of approximately 40%