Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Responsibilities: Serving as an extension of the Vendor, the Market Development Executive is responsible for facilitating strategy sessions and the sale of technical products and/or services with existing and new customers for the Americas region.
- Responsible for providing specialized consultative service and implementing, driving and maintaining vendor programs, marketing, and training for their designated product/program or category line.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and may also be called on as opportunities are identified by customer account owners and works with Ingram Micro sales associates to assist in closing sales in a way that meets the vendor’s and Ingram Micro’s objectives.
- Maintaining sound knowledge of industry trends and technologies, is called on to leverage their working knowledge of technical products to develop and present sales proposals and build or position advanced solutions, programs and services to the client.
- Maintains consistent communication with all regarding key initiatives pertaining to account to further grow profitable business.
- Known as an expert in their field, the Market Development Executive may act as a lead to manage and coordinate complex customer/vendor requests requiring multiple associates’ attention and assists with training and support for Market Development Specialists.
- Reviews marketing programs with vendor finance to implement with strategic partners that meet the vendor’s and Ingram Micro’s objectives.
- Responsible for individually setting targets within Americas on strategic accounts or focus countries
- Develop and expand business engagement between vendor and partners to facilitate the business between strategic partners, Ingram Micro Sales teams and vendor or Ingram Micro.
- Attend reseller and Ingram Micro events representing the vendor.
- Minimum High school diploma (or equivalent) required, Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
- Seven years or more of previous sales/customer service experience (preferably in a related industry), or five years of technology or distributionexperience in a sales/customer service capacity.
- These timeframes may vary based on the candidate’s ability to demonstrate required knowledge/skills/experiences, provided an equivalent combination of formal education, training and directly related job experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic selling principles, order management, project management, and operations.
- Proven success in growing and maintaining year-over-year sales results.
- Skilled in: Negotiations, closing sales, Pipeline Management, coaching and developing Associates in high performance culture, and order management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present in both technical and non-technical terms to large and small audiences, in formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen. Knowledgeable of Profit and Loss and Forecasting concepts.
- Demonstrates influence effectively when driving ideas and initiatives with internal and external partners, proven ability to multi-task, respond to rapid change, manage projects, manage detail, manage relationships and resources, and set realistic and achievable goals/objectives and timelines.
- Proficiency to read, write and speak both English and Spanish fluently.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Job ID: 25099