New York, NY
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 175 days ago
Market Data, AVP
About the Team
Server and Network Administration Unit
The Server and Network Administration Unit is responsible for administration of all IT equipment except Gbase related and provides the second level of support for user system troubles related to servers, networks, telecommunications and desktop computers.
The candidate will set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization. Although the primary focus of this position is for Market Data Support, the candidate may also fit-in with general Telecom support and build-outs including wireless connection, and other Telecom related duties.
* Responsible for end-to-end delivery of Market Data solutions to support Electronic Trading.
* Responsible for the delivery of market data and market intelligence technology to the lines of business
* The qualified individual must have exceptional troubleshooting skills and will be implementing/maintaining system platform that services various lines of business. The platform consists of direct exchange feeds, and a Market Data platform.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment and be responsible for leading efforts such as monitoring the production environment, implementing production changes, providing resolutions to production issues, communicating and interacting with lines of business on issues or outages, and managing vendors to streamline and improve production processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
* Works independently/collaboratively with others in delivering thorough results to assigned projects, tasks, production incidents and troubleshooting efforts.
* Able to partner well with technology teams across functions and regions to achieve desired outcome
* Strong desire to share knowledge, ideas and solutions with immediate team as well as teams across disciplines.
* Ability to engage in deep technical discussions, accept different points of view and drive forward to develop agreed upon solutions.
* Able to troubleshoot complex problems relating to Market Data Feeds, Real-Time/Historical Tick databases, Networks and Applications.
* Ability to pay attention to details and strong analytical skills, anticipate issues and deal with them proactively.
* Respond to user inquiries, multi-task and work well under high pressure situations.
* Communicate/interact with lines of business on issues or outages
* Adhere to operational/technical standards, best practices, processes and procedures. (Problem / change / release / request / procurement management; incident/service/time reporting)
* Understands need to be client focused and build strong relationships across the organizations
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENT OR EXPERIENCE/DESIRED:
1. Minimum 7-10 year of technical proficiency in the related VOIP areas.
2. Proven success with strategic planning, process re-engineering and project management
3. Able to lead and motivate groups and individuals. Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully negotiate with groups internally and externally. Able to effectively handle projects/tasks to meet deadlines and tight time constraints
4. Possible to be familiar with NICE recording system