Market Data Developer Requirements
We are looking for an experienced individual with prior knowledge in market data product and application development. The candidate will be heavily involved in architecture, design and development of market data management systems. A great deal of emphasis will be placed on testing and continuous integration. This role is not just limited to building software applications but also dealing with challenging problems that arise on the infrastructure side of things as we look for creative ways to address significant increase in data volumes and develop new products.
* Application development experience in C/C++, JAVA.
* Data modeling, high performance programming techniques in JAVA and C++
* Experience with popular statistical packages like R or Numpy/Pandas
* Expertise with relational data bases such as SQL and/or PostgresSQL.
* Experience in building high quality, resilient and efficient applications that can handle significantly large volumes of market data.
* Experience leading others through tough technical situations and solving complex problems as part of a team.
* Ability to provide technical leadership on Market data usage across the firm. (both streaming and historical).
* Working knowledge of vendor data/services (Reuters TRTH/Elektron, Bloomberg etc.)
* Capability to perform independent research and evaluate new technologies.
* Experience working in an Agile software development environment, delivering products incrementally and continually improving them.
* The candidate must be able to deal with a high level of uncertainty and engage in a facts/data based debate over building new solution or improving existing solutions.
* Self-starter, would be able to work in an extremely fast paced environment and communicate with clarity the intended directions on research and engineering.
Good to Have:
* Understanding of trading and order management systems along with knowledge of financial markets.
* Domain expertise in equities, fixed income or FX
* Experience building electronic trading platforms.