A global asset management firm is currently seeking a Market Data Engineer with exceptional Linux/Unix experience to join their team in New York. This candidate will be hands-on and must have exceptional experiencesupporting Red Hat Linux and Market Data operations in a 24X7 production environment. This person will be implementing and documenting solutions for optimum performance, stability, reliability, security, etc.
- Configure and maintain infrastructure, operating systems, and software products on Linux computing platforms in support of 24/7 business processes.
- Identify and remediate issues including engineering/build/documentation best practices.
- Visualize data flows, perform data analytics/forensics and automate/script.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience as a Linux/Unix systems administrator in a financial firm
- Expertise in Linux, particularly RedHat.
- Working knowledge of Equity and Fixed Income markets such as TREP, ITRS Geneos, Elektron/RDFD, DACS, Redline, Corvil, and Exegy
- Experience with enterprise storage systems (EMC VNX, Pure, and Xtreme IO) arrays, or similar technologies - NAS/SAN)
- Experience with development environments and tools and the ability to assist with troubleshooting build problems when necessary.
- Experience with gcc and revision control tools are a plus.
- Some market data infrastructuresupportexperience is a big plus.