We are looking for an experienced Traditional and Alternative Market Data Analyst with a proven track record of partnering with a variety of complex businesses on their needs, selection, and continued usage of financial market data and services.
The position will include all aspects of demand management (analyzing and validating users requirements, understanding the business models of the firm and how they may change over time, and conducting market research on potentially new services and solutions), as well as implementation of new systems and products, and participation in setting the strategic agenda and plan for firm wide Market Data management.
The role will appeal to a well-rounded and hands on individual with strong quantitative, analytical and technical skills and a passion for delivering solutions to a diverse and rapidly evolving business.
- Establish and maintain a strong understanding of the firm usage of market data, security pricing and market and risk models across fixed income, equities and derivate securities.
- Establish and maintain a strong understanding of the firm usage of alternative and emerging market data, including Credit-Card transaction data, job postings, and web-traffic
- Maintain an awareness of the product market place and competitive landscape in terms of new products and evolving capabilities.
- Establish trusted partnerships with the various lines of business as both an insightful and commercially aware advisor, and as a trusted delivery partner who understands the business and priority of their agenda.
- Partner with others groups to establish and maintain a best in class Market Data capability including Application Service Delivery group for Delivery & Service Management, Financial for Market Data Financial Management (Costs, Budgets, and Allocations) and Market Data Admin for inventory Management
- BS or BA Degree and 8-10 years' experience in a hands-on leadership role
- Extensive experience with market data, security pricing and market and risk modelling across asset classes and derivative securities.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of wide range of market data vendors and services
- Hands-on market data trading floor experience – ability to remain poised under pressure.
- Strong working knowledge of global markets, different asset classes and their content requirements
- Broad technology, Operations, and service knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Natural partner / team player with very strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated successful experience in vendor relationship management, contract negotiation, contract administration, and project or asset management.