Location: The preferredlocation is Bothell, WA but will consider other locations.
The Business Transformation (BT) Function is the source of energy behind the Philips transformation. Working hand in hand with the Business Groups, Markets and Functions to change Philips into a less complex and more high-reaching company by embedding scalable and customer-centric ways of working, creating a performance driven organization, embedding an aligned organizational structure and operating model, and building people skills and competencies.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
Reporting to the NA Market Business Transformation Leader, in this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with the senior market leadership, to build and drive incremental maturity development of the continuous improvement capabilities (e.g. Lean, Kaizen, Daily Management, Problem Solving, etc.), to bring operational excellence in the organization, drive performance improvements and eliminate waste in the operational processes.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The overall focus of the Continuous Improvement Leader is to provide strategic direction and methodology definition for continuous improvement capabilities maturity and use them to drive performance improvements.
- Design, develop, and implement the lean improvement roadmap for NA Market, linked to the business Hoshin and strategic priorities.
- Ensure Kaizen events and six sigma projects are properly planned / executed / sustained.
- Assess key business metrics and situations from a “Leader's” point of view and engage with the management team members and their teams helping them finding opportunities where lean, 6S and CI tools can be used to improve such metrics and situations.
- Develop Value Stream Maps (VSM) that will result in World-Class Lean Implementation using creativity and lean expertise. Identify and lead (where applicable) the Kaizen(s) needed to reach vision.
- Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection (required)
- Passionate about creating innovations and services that truly address consumer needs and delight our consumers (required)
- Possess a solid drive to perfect continuous improvement
- We are seeking a leader of leaders with change management expertise, empathy and fantastic interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to set up standard procedures/standard methodologies for meeting Company deliverables
- Outstanding communication skills as well as the ability to act with tact, discretion and diplomacy
- A dedicated teammate who thrives in a goal-focused, dynamic, ever-changing, fast-paced work environment while juggling multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- An “outside of the box” thinker capable of delivering breakthrough
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- 10-15 years of business process and performance improvement experience in complex cross-functional organizations and/or environments
- Lean Master / Master Black Belt / Six Sigma Master certification is strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree in Business Management/Science/Engineering required
- Channel and Business to Consumer experience needed
- Proven Sr. Leadership experience delivering outcomes through others
- Prior experience managing P&L to drive performance and business impact
- Prior experience managing a program or project across business, markets, functions
- Cross-cultural, cross-markets influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to Turnaround Teams and Businesses
- Finds alignment in the matrix organization through appropriate partner management, change management and conflict resolution.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new and special assignment
- Contributory influence on Transformation Activities with impact >$300M
- Ability to analyze key financial and business critical metrics from a Leader’s perspective
- Demonstrated ability to lead team of improvement resources.
- Able to inspire change with sense of urgency and bias for action
- Ability to travel 15-20%