Lutheran Health Network (LHN) encompasses eight separately licensed hospitals and nearly 1,000 inpatient beds, including 772 in Allen County alone. The foundation of LHN is an experienced team consisting of more than 7,000 associates working together to deliver life-changing care.
Lutheran Health Network continues to provide patients with extensive access to specialized services through its hospitals, patient care centers and physician practices. The strength of LHN allows it to recruit highly skilled physicians, innovate with the newest technology and participate in clinical research. These attributes enable LHN to sustain and grow its spectrum of services, and most importantly, deliver the highest levels of choice, support, care and patient experience that have long been its hallmark.
The Market Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for:
- Directs nursing activities of hospitals within the market within context of hospital policies and procedures
- Provides support and mentorship to CNOs within the market.
- Providing leadership to nurse employees that will enroll their support, create ownership of goals, and have them actively participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Maintaining necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Creating an environment that will encourage recruiting and retention of clinical employees
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs
- Establishing standards for nursing practices and maintain authority, accountability and responsibility for nursing services
- Developing organizational patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how nursing care is assessed, delivered and evaluated.
- Developing and managing the nursing services budget and ensuring sufficient number of qualified staff to assess patient needs
- Plan and provide nursing care interventions and prevent complications, promote improvement and patient comfort and wellness
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the nursing services at all meetings including medical staff and hospital board of director meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services
As a member of the Market's senior management team, the Market CNO will participate in functional decision-making processes necessary to the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare clinical matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital. This position reports directly to the Regional President and indirectly to the Corporate Chief Nursing Officer.
- Must be a registered nurse (RN) with a current licensure
- Must possess detailed knowledge of hospital nursing operations
- 7+ years of demonstrated successful leadership in an acute-care hospital environment (For-profit experiencepreferred)
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
- Must possess both a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution AND a Master’s degree (MBA, MHA, MSN, etc.)