Our outside sales professionals are on the front line pushing the boundaries of our company growth and revenue generation. We continuously strive to meet our company goals by increasing quality dealer enrollments, building relationships, and consulting with our dealers on how to improve their business. Our sales force is nationwide, and they receive strong support from our many resources at the corporate offices. As an employee-centric organization, we have an intense focus on professional development and continuous improvement that contributes to making this a Great Place to Work!
Outside Sales- Market Area Manager | Dealer Relationships
About this Position:
Credit Acceptance offers our team members in the sales department:
- Uncapped earning potential with a base salary and uncapped monthly performance-based commission, total compensation depends on the impact you make in your market
- Quarterly profit sharing, company phone and computer, plus automobile and mileage allowance
- Excellent benefits package beginning day 1 that includes 401(K) match, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical/dental/vision and much more
- Progressive career opportunities as demonstrated by our record of promoting internally
- Flexibility to set your own schedule and manage your own territory, ideal for self-starters
- A dedicated support system including structured and continued training
- Work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for driven, consultative, and influential sales professionals to continue to lead our market growth. Our ideal candidate exhibits:
- Motivation to succeed and achieve goals
- Drive to continuously improve oneself and their customers
- Demonstrated sales successes with an established track record of achievement and progression
- Consultative sales experience through a detailed needs analysis, direct communication and a solutions-based mindset
From B2B to finance, our Market Area Managers come from a variety of backgrounds and industries. While not limited to these titles, some of our most successful Market Area Managers come from the following backgrounds:
- Account Managers
- Account Executives
- District Sales & Sales Managers
- Field Sales & Territory Managers
- Area Managers
- Business Development
- Business Managers
- Finance & Insurance (F&I) Managers
As a sales representative for Credit Acceptance, you will be provided with continuous training to help you achieve success within your assigned territory. Responsibilities in your area will include:
- Prospecting automotive dealerships to enhance business development outcomes
- Account management & client services to build a strategic and consultative relationship with customers
- Running a territory with entrepreneurial drive and dedication similar to a small business owner
- Minimum travel of 80% in the market
- Proven track record of success in a competitive sales environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A valid driver’s license, insurance and registration
- Occasional overnight travel, less than 10%
- Knowledge or experience in auto finance or retail operations of automobile dealerships
- Existing relationships with dealers in the defined territory
Targeted Compensation: Minimum of $90,000 Guaranteed ($60,000 Base Salary + Uncapped Commission, with a $30,000 Commission Guarantee Program).
*After the first 12 months, performance standards apply to be eligible for the Commission Guarantee Program.
Our Company Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don’t be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
- Work onsite at the assigned Credit Acceptance work location or territory
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department