Your day to day
The Market Account Director manages Project Management sales activity within the designated segment and/ the Pacific Northwest (Northern California, Oregon, Washington) geographic region Additionally, the Market Account Director will engage in business development activities towards achieving Mid-Market Sales project management annual revenue production growth targets. Business development objectives will be realized through the successful qualification and signing up of new Mid-Market Account Program (MMAP Project Advantage) clients and penetrating the account portfolio for revenue delivery in the extended stay tiers 2-4. The Market Account Director will act as the primary point of contact for the relevant accounts to various business partners and stakeholders including IHG Brands, owners, management companies, and on-property sales personnel. This role will utilize The Challenger Sale model throughout the sales process in an effort to shift share from the competition and yield positive share growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop regional account relationships with regionally based Colleagues, IHG Brand leaders, Associations, Hotels and Corporate business accounts.
- Manages Mid-Market Project Management account portfolio, and prospect pipeline for the purpose of shifting volume share into IHG branded hotels.
- Responsible for developing revenue, achieving sales goals and performance optimization of Mid-Market Project Management accounts and customers share of spend targets within their portfolio.
- Collaborate sales efforts cross-regionally, across departments as required to coordinate actions against defined accounts.
- Research all account referrals and the marketplace for relevant prospects with focus on accounts with majority Americas based extended stay travel and a designated travel buyer or project managers in the Americas region.
- Profile accounts according to The Challenger Sale methodology.
- Design, produce, and maintain appropriate sales reports for internal stakeholders.
- Present IHG brands, value proposition, and the benefits of Mid-Market Project Advantage account program to client prospects.
- Engagement and participation with customers and prospects through client meetings, industry trade shows, vendor fairs, sales blitzes, and other relevant activities.
- Maintains and updates Account Profile, Account Intelligence, and all relevant fields in IHG Javelin for all accounts in the assigned portfolio.
- Understands various programs within the IHG sales toolkit, and demonstrates expertise in determining program fit with a potential new account.
- Work closely with sales support resources by guiding their role in account research, qualification, and other transactional tasks.
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Business, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experiencepreferred. Professional sales designations and or certifications preferred.
6-8 years progressive work-related experience in the hospitality (hotel) industry with at least 3 years in a multi-property extended stay sales or project manager role as well as demonstrated understanding of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines or processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated account management experience in organizing, planning and executing strategic plans from conception through implementation.
- Solid experience in project management or implementation.
- Display an understanding and experience in the assigned local and regional markets, culture, vertical segment key drives and work habits.
- Has extensive knowledge of the project management segment which are viable in the market.
- Has a good reputation among the hotel, extended stay business, and project management industry. Is actively involved in industry related organizations.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Must be able to work effectively at executive level in client companies, possess strong relationship management skills, and well-developed negotiating and persuading skills.
- Regional or national sales experience and experience with franchise organization preferred.
- Self-motivated, excellent time management and prioritization skills. Sets aggressive goals for self and strives to meet and exceed goals.
- This role may be office or virtual based with the development and maintenance of accounts being handled primarily through 50% on the road field engagement / travel.
- When traveling this position will be expected to be completely proficient at working from hotels, airports/airplanes, remote offices and/or locations.
Decision making responsibilities
- Plans and implements sales strategies for assigned account portfolio to achieve business objectives across broad organizational lines and functional boundaries.
- Direct impact in developing and achieving the sales goals. Uses analytical data and market knowledge to plan and execute strategy for the assigned market region.
- Implement prospecting strategies to identify new business opportunities and maintain a pipeline of target accounts.
- Determine customer needs and buying factors and match these to applicable IHG hotels.
Job Number R156767