Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Market Access Strategy Manger plays an important role in helping Exact Sciences meet its mission and broader vision to help detect and eradicate cancer through early detection. The role is designed primarily to support the overarching reimbursement goals and strategy of the Access, Outcomes, and Population Health team. This position is based in Madison WI Headquarters and requires an ability to lead without authority, driving influence and ideas across internal and external stakeholders and work streams. This position reports to Director, Market Access Strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support day to day communication and account problem-solving strategies with Market Access Managers and Market Access Specialist.
- Improve the effectiveness of managed care messaging and tactics across Exact Sciences product portfolio, including internal/external customer segments; collaborate with Marketing and Training, among other internal cross-functional teams.
- Partner with Brand Marketing, Director of Market Access Strategy and Market Access Specialist to monitor lessons learned from managed care pull through campaign performance and identify implications to enhance the process/practice and gain approval on plans.
- Represent Market Access on cross functional project teams and working groups that exist between commercial organization and lab.
- Partner closely with Director, Market Access Strategy and Head of Access, Outcomes, and Population Health to develop and implement key components of the reimbursement and market access strategy.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-15% of working time for occasional team meetings, conferences, and vendor interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or any related Commercial field.
- 5+ years of direct experience in market access marketing and/or related contracting role.
- Direct experience with a molecular diagnostics (lab), medical device, or pharmaceutical companies is a requirement.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Understanding of key public and private payer policy infrastructure, payment methodologies; coding and coverage; health policy trends, and current business challenges.
- Strong project management skills and business acumen.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentation.
- Demonstrate consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation development and execution, and MS PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.