Ascensia Diabetes Care is a global specialist diabetes care company, dedicated to helping people living with diabetes. Our mission is to empower people living with diabetes through innovative solutions that simplify and improve their lives. We use our innovation and specialist expertise in diabetes to develop high quality solutions and tools that make a positive, daily difference for people with diabetes.
POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of the Market Access NAM is to deliver sales.
The Market Access NAM is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective business relationships with key individuals within managed care organizations. The Market Access NAM is responsible for developing and executing sales strategies, including contracting and leading pull through efforts within managed care organizations, inclusive of Ascensia’s core businesses: Blood Glucose Monitoring (BGM), Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring (CGM) and Digital Diabetes Solutions. The position is accountable for the development, management, and growth of key national and regional accounts to achieve maximized sales, business and brand loyalty, formulary access and reimbursement strategies for Ascensia Diabetes Care products and services.MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Responsible for overall sales objectives for assigned national and regional accounts.
- Act as the single point of contact with direct responsibility for assigned accounts and work in collaboration with ADC Field Sales channels to assist and lead their activities so that they align with ADC growth goals.
- Account Management and Prospecting
- Develop, maintain and leverage relationships within assigned accounts and perform detailed business planning and analysis to assess profitability and desirability of potential customers before entering into contractual relationships. Effectively navigate the sales process within a highly complex business environment.
- Develop and execute payer account targeting to drive payer market awareness, positive payer coverage policy, appropriate coding mechanisms, and payment for CGM by engaging key stakeholders within national and regional Accounts.
- Develop partnerships between the Reimbursement and Market Access department and Field Sales management to implement business plan strategies that create market access and reimbursement for Contour Next Portfolio and Eversense CGM.
- Business Planning and Strategic Alignment with Stakeholders
- Develop and execute a strategic Business Plan Process, influence internal and external stakeholders (i.e. senior leadership, strategic contracting, supply chain, marketing, legal etc.) to ensure strategic allocation of resources to support development and fulfillment of account business plans. Managers are accountable for communicating, educating and consistent performance reporting to the ADC management team and other account managers on the Business Plans and their role in execution.
- Contract Negotiation for BGM and CGM; Contract Management, Internal Collaboration Expectations
- Strategically secure new profitable contracts and drive profitable existing contracts to maximize business opportunities, ensure distribution and reimbursement.
- Work closely with strategic contracting, finance, senior leadership and legal to align on business opportunities and RFP’s/bids. Systematically measure existing contracts for compliance and rebates for claim validity. Work to negotiate terms and settlement of issues protecting Ascensia interests while maintaining high-quality relationships with customers. Contracting responsibility includes Ascensia’s BGM & CGM Portfolio and may include value-added services.
- Contribute to strategies required to improve patient access to BGM, CGM, economic value messaging, and evidentiary needs.
- Develop, execute and sustain cost effective, cross functional and comprehensive pull-through campaigns for BGM and CGM growth.
- Collaborate and provide marketplace insight to Sales Leadership on key issues of significance for managed care trends and the impact on the accounts they manage. Improve Field Sales and Trade Sales ability to sell in the managed care environment, by communicating formulary status and pull through campaign plans, economic influences, and sales analytics.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 5-7 years of successful national sales account management experience. Due to the high level of complexity within managed care and specifically PBMs and national payers, experience managing sales to national managed care organizations is necessary.
- Direct experience selling and negotiating medical device sales, diabetes preferred
- Experience in developing medical coverage policies for novel technology and/or diabetes related devices/products
- Significant experience or proven ability to negotiate with, and sell to high-level corporate officers and senior decision makers.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be financially astute, and have computer proficiency.
- Must possess highly developed cognitive and problem-solving skills necessary to design innovative solutions that solve customers' problems within the market strategies, policies, and sales objectives of the company.
- Must possess excellent analytical and conceptual skills to analyze data and situations, identify opportunities and threats, develop and implement appropriate solutions to meet both short and long-term objectives.
- Must be able to quickly recognize and successfully maneuver within complex organization structures.
- Must understand the payer model well and adapt to its rapid evolution of change and communicate internally potential impact to business and opportunities.
- Must be able to gain confidence and trust of others through values established by Ascensia as defined by our mission, vision, values and culture.
- Must interface effectively with all people and exhibits appropriate sensitivity to others
- Must have a commitment to partnership by working well with others to establish mutually beneficial objectives and initiative to achieve business results.
- Digital Diabetes Solution Sales, or equivalent experience obtained from selling a digital solution, preferred.
Required percentage of (overnight) travel:
Ascensia offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and are driven by innovation and the desire to improve the lives of our patients, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of five business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Ascensia does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.