By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The Market Access Manager is responsible for ensuring health care providers and patients have access to Bio-Techne’s services by influencing key payors to obtain in-network agreements. In addition, the Market Access Manager must implement strategies in persuading payor medical policy decisions and their perceptions of the value genetic testing provides them and their members. The Market Access Manager is challenged to explore new market access opportunities and expected to capitalize on such opportunities to maximize utilization and revenue. The Market Access Manager will develop, negotiate and execute contracts, build and lead successful pull through campaigns in collaboration with Regional Sales Teams to maximize the impact of the coverage and access. Success is reflected by the number and size of key payor stakeholders who accept and implement medical policy change and contracting.
- Execute the contracting strategy, develop provisions based on cost, quality/analysis and monitor key metrics for the assigned Market.
- Review contract language with Market Access Director for administer provider contracts, terms, reimbursement rates, etc., in a manner that complies with corporate policies.
- Implement an efficient and effective process to on-board new providers; ensure network is adequate (access for members), cost-effective, competitive and stable, and meets corporate & regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for collaborating with sales and KOLs to generate letters to Medical Directors.
- Perform gap analysis in their region to ensure no gaps and/or sanctions occur; identify & implement solutions that mitigate risk; develop corrective action plans as needed.
- Support the account strategy and provide account support with the goal of driving the overall satisfaction and engagement of key Health Partners.
- Resolve routine issues with the Health Partners in the market in accordance with the department’s service level agreements/expectations.
- Participate in the maintenance and development of key relationships within defined Key Accounts.
- Proactively and in response to concerns reach out to Health Partners to ensure their needs are being met and to see if there are any issues that they need help resolving.
- Maintain PR Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and assignment of tasks for the Health Partner Consultant when appropriate.
- Participate in training sessions for providers and staff as appropriate.
- Support the contracting requirements of the corporation for geographic regions and products.
- Assist with development and review of payment policies and provider notifications.
- Follow company policies and practices as outlined in all company resources, including, but not limited to, safety and compliance guidelines.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related subject required.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in managed markets, market access and/or trade, including contracting and negotiations, inclusive of five (5) + years payor account management experience preferred with a successful track record within target accounts.
- Strong relationships with key decision makers are essential.
- Managed care experience in genetic field is highly preferred.
- Experience in genetic testing policy changes and contracting is a plus.
- Experience with LBM, Regional Blues, and National Plans is essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to travel, up to 30%, to fulfill the duties of the position
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, promote teamwork and fact-based decision making
- Advanced skills in the use of various computer applications and software, including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Knowledge of Network Management Processes & Services
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Critical listening and thinking skills
- Excellent work ethics with high-level of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal interaction skills and demonstrable ability to work collaboratively at all levels within the Bio-Techne organization.
- Skilled in anticipating and resolving issues
- Professional demeanor
- Self-directed and creative
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in anticipating and resolving issues
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and process management
- Ability to monitor key metrics.