- Provide technical and detailed design support for a variety large and small ships.
- Prepare packages for, and conduct, periodic ship checks and develop engineering design packages for developing detailed design drawings.
- Perform as a designer and checker for major phases of marine structural design.
- Conduct engineering design studies, analyze requirements, select standard engineering or construction techniques, procedures and specifications and designate material requirements.
- Develop basic technical, design or planning data.
- Make preliminary layouts and sketches and present technical design proposals.
- Work independently providing detailed design and support to the NAV Arch Structural Supervisor.
- Identify requirements and prepare detail designs based on contract requirements and applicable specifications.
- Perform ship-checks and prepare marked-up drawings and/or sketches to reflect design conditions or requirements.
- AAssimilate, review and analyze a variety of ship engineering data to determine requirements to meet engineering objectives.
- Develop 3D models and extraction for 2D drawing development.
- Plan and lead assigned projects of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project.
- Calculate design data and prepare layouts, detailed specifications and parts lists.
- Work from outlines of objectives, requirements and design approaches received from management.
- Perform work with a minimum of supervisory assistance and in compliance with prior engineering determination.
- Check engineering drawings and associated parts lists for function, fit, drafting quality, tolerances, produceability and ease of installation and to assure that interfaces are correct and interfacing activities have been referenced.
- Investigate construction and service factors, such as ease of production, availability of material, equipment standardization, interchangeability, serviceability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, cost effectiveness, contractual specification requirements and test criteria.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate degree in drafting and design, or the equivalent in specialized training or equivalent experience in lieu of education and/or specialized training.
- Experienced designer with ten (10) to twenty (20) years experience in a specific discipline.
- Must be knowledgeable of shipboard systems in general.
- Working knowledge of military and commercial standards or previous design experience in a defense or military support environment.
- Must have AutoCADexperience.
- Applicant will be subject to a securityinvestigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Perform ship checks on small and large vessels.
- Employee is required to access remote areas of multi-level vessels
- Must pass a drug test that complies with Company’s Drug Free Policy. 2018-3823