This position is for a Senior Civil Engineer for work relating to the design and construction of the project site for complex building structures, and loading terminal of civil marine structures (MOLF, dolphins, walls, slabs, berths, ramps).
Civil Engineer is responsible for complete civil design including calculations and specifications.
- Design of grading & drainage and material take-off of the on-shore marine facilities site.
- Works as a member of the Civil/Structural/Marine team reporting to Engineering Group Supervisor/Project Engineer.
- Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
- Provides technical direction and assigns work to other engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
- Schedules and monitors work plans consistent with prime contract requirements.
- Leads technical discussions with customer and supplier.
- Reviews and coordinates documents from other disciplines, customer and outside agencies.
- Coordinates reviews with other disciplines and departments; Coordinates constructability reviews.
- Prepares and presents reports for formal studies.
- Initiates and optimizes cost effective system design.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineering Certification
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in the building and infrastructure industry
- Must have the right to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Earthwork and drainage design
- Basic knowledge of soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering as it applies to earthworksExperience and knowledge of 2D and 3D civil, CivilStorm, StormCAD, or similar engineering software
- Working knowledge of Revit, MicrostationV8i, In-Roads and AutoCAD 2017 or later CAD software
- Experience in supervision of less experienced engineers and CAD designers
- Candidate should have experience in the following industries: Heavy Civil, industrial infrastructure
- Familiar with methods of material requisition, procurement, including bid and evaluation process
- Knowledge of preparing standard discipline deliverables, using company standard work processes and tools
- Understands standard engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating
- Understands standard contract requirements and scope as they relate to civil/structural discipline work
- Familiar with technical issues related to discipline and how to discuss with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators)
- Ability to coordinate technical issues within discipline, with other disciplines, and with engineering staff
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills, and works well with others
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software — Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access
- M.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Working knowledge of E3D, SP3D, Revit Modelling or similar Information Modeling software
- Recent Bechtel marine design experience (e.g. Corpus Christie marine design, Sabine Pass marine design, etc.)
Requisition ID: 208828