This position is for a Senior Civil Designer with specific emphasis in the area of industrial marine structure site, site development structures (MOLF, walls, slabs, berths, etc). The Senior Civil Designer plans and executes the presentation of these in graphic form or in detailed scale models. Additionally, the Senior Civil Designer works as a member of the Civil/Structural team reporting to an Engineering Group Supervisor/Project Engineer.
- Assists engineers in developing working drawings in Microstation or Revit and in determining drafting expression and arrangement of components.
- Provides technical guidance to design and other drafting personnel in preparation of drawings.
- Assists in the development of basic layout drawings for civil/structural data or other purposes to be used in working drawings.
- Assists in computer-related activities, such as preparing input data and using computer programs for computerized solution of technical problems including the use of CAD Systems for drawing preparation.
- Assists in the selection of equipment to satisfy design requirements and the preparation of specifications for procurement.
- Assists in the development and updating of flow charts for planning and scheduling engineering.
- Gathers data for simple engineering problems. Develops bill of quantities, preliminary analyses and simple calculations for presentation to supervisor.
- Knowledge of drafting, engineering techniques and calculations, familiarity with applications of computers to engineering problems.
- Associates degree in Drafting and Design or equivalent experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of industry experience
- Earthwork and drainage design
- Proficiency in the use of 3D structural Modeling software like AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, In-Roads, etc
- Must have the right to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in the use of E3D, SP3D
- Experience in the following industries: Heavy Civil, LNG, Industrial Infrastructure, Marine structures.
- Recent Bechtel marine design experience (e.g. Corpus Christie marine design, Sabine Pass marine design, etc.)
Requisition ID: 208746