Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This position will be responsible for leading assembly, integration and test activities for space structures, systems, and hardware. The candidate is required to perform planning, estimation, scheduling and resource management. They will perform trade studies, lead tooling and ground support equipment development, lead logistic and transportation planning, create test plans and procedures, support engineering review boards, and interface with customers routinely. The candidate will manage manufacturing engineering and fabrication and assembly personnel; provide root cause determination and corrective actions; and work to provide defect free hardware while minimizing life cycle product cost.
The candidate must be experienced in leading project teams through integrated product teams or highly matrixed staffing. Experience with Control Account Management is highly desirable. Experience with facility production layout and workflow planning a plus.
Requires Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or closely related field; with a Master of Science in a technical field preferred.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of related experience in the aerospace or spaceflight industry.
- Extensive understanding of NASA hardware development, qualification, and assembly processes.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and its application to low volume production program.
Required to support activities in Huntsville, AL and Decatur, AL. Must be able to support extended full time assignments in Decatur, AL.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, analysts, manufacturing, project management and customer representatives
- Experience with honeycomb core CFRP composites.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to work with multiple interfaces.
- Experience with NASA programs and flight hardware acceptance processes or equivalent space flight system development.
- Experience in launch vehicle hardware and physical integration.
- Experience with NASA flight readiness review and approval processes.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.