JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
- Maintain and improve Manufacturing Test Solutions for Automotive Electrification Products
- Support Manufacturing Operations by maintaining and improving test equipment and processes.
- Develop test software, hardware, and application specific tooling to improve electrification test processes.
- Provide new equipment and improvement project management, which includes managing suppliers, internal and external project timelines, open issue lists, shipment and installation, and run-off/acceptance, and providing professional updates to the team on the progress of projects.
- Develop and implement sufficient test coverage throughout the value stream.
- Be the technical expert on the operation and design of test equipment, author instructions for test equipment, and provide support and training to maintenance, engineering and operations teams.
- Be the technical liaison to others to provide requested technical information about test equipment.
- Work with other engineering competencies to ensure designs are optimized and deliver the highest FTQ values.
- Provide cost estimates for new projects.
- Work with purchasing to develop RFQs and identify equipment providers for the new equipment and improvements.
- Provide technical expertise during new equipment and improvement quote evaluation and supplier selection.
- Develop Appropriation Requests to justify and receive approval to procure new equipment and improvements.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering: Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechatronics, and/or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years Test Engineering experience made up of multi-year experience with industrial controls and automation design, preferably dealing with test equipment
- 2 or more years’ experience developing functional tests specifically for automotive Products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the Organization
- Ability to read, and preferably create, comprehensive electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics using specified software (ex. AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Manufacturing Engineering Production Support experience.
- Proficient software development skills in one or more test software languages: National Instruments LabView, NI LabWindows CVI, NI TestStand, C++, C
- Electrical schematics creation experience and understanding
- Experience working with automotive communication protocols such as CAN and Flex-Ray
- Experience using National Instruments hardware – CompactDaq, PXI
- Experience in Test Systems Integration
- Analytical, technical, and statistical skills
- Experience working with international Mfg. sites & suppliers in Asia, the EU, & the Americas
- Experience developing programming routines for micro-controller onboard FLASH memory