We are looking for Manufacturing Tech Specialist / Lab – Expert for our client in North Kingstown, RI
Job Title: Manufacturing Tech Specialist / Lab – Expert
Job Location: North Kingstown, RI
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Manufacturing Technician Specialist, Lab Client inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life.
- We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise.
- Client enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
- Our newly acquired site in North Kingstown, Rhode Island is the leading manufacturer of rapidly growing portfolio of chemical standard consumable products and is searching for a skilled Manufacturing Technician- Chemist.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to working individually and as part of multi-discipline, cross-functional teams to:
- Accurately acquire, compile, calculate and report instrument data.
- Perform daily calibration of analytical instrumentation.
- Perform routine and/or nonroutine maintenance on all instruments.
- Document work using electronic manufacturing system.
- Lead by example through demonstration of good work ethic and respectful communication skills. Participates, cooperates and contributes as part of a team.
- Provides feedback to supervisor or technical support group on safety, quality, and process related issues.
- Serves as a change agent who actively supports management programs and encourages new idea generation.
- Escalates any issues requiring management attention.
- Facilitate assessment of team's knowledge, skill and ability for accomplishing project/tasks
- Provide necessary on-the-job training
- Ensure decisions are aligned with goals and objectives
- BS or BA in Chemistry, Biochemistry or equivalent
- 0 -5 years work experience in analytical laboratory environment.
- Computer proficiency in office productivity tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation programs.
- Ability to work in team environment as leader and/or team contributor.
- Focus, strong attention to detail, excellent laboratory hygiene practices
- Experience working in GLP/ISO compliant environments, with Six Sigma, LEAN manufacturing, and basic statistics software.
- Experience working with Agilent GC, LC and/or GC/MS and LC/MS instrumentation and software.
- Experience working with TOC, Karl Fischer and ion chromatography techniques.