Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking a manufacturing support engineer.
- Perform manufacturability reviews, including detailed geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) reviews of equipment designs.
- Provide manufacturing support to help resolve supplier or in-service issues.
- Review contract specifications for proper application of requirements.
- Provide manufacturing cost estimating support.
- Perform dimensional inspections.
- Conduct GD&T and manufacturability trainings.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
- At least 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related environment.
- Experience developing manufacturing and inspection plans based off final part or assembly level drawings.
- Experience with machining and welding processes including an understanding of machine setups, fixtures, and metal removal rates. Apprentice or Journeyman machinist experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T). Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional Certification (GDTP) preferred.
- Experience with performing dimensional inspections using coordinate measurement machines (CMM) and hand tools.
- Ability to perform tolerance and alignment studies to confirm assembly stack-ups.
- Cost estimating experience.
- Ability to decipher detailed technical requirements and convey to non-technical individuals.
Job ID 2017-1065