We are looking for ??Manufacturing Support for our client in Chicago, IL
Job Title: Manufacturing Support
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- min 5year of exp.
- Continually evaluate manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improvement in order to drive down costs and improve quality.
- Responsible for work center design and product/process flow including ergonomic considerations, lean manufacturing technology, mechanical design, electrical component usage & system logic, and equipment and tooling usage to optimize the manufacturing process.
- Lead business efforts in the development and implementation of lean manufacturing concepts including developing strategies, training employees, facilitating kaizen events, and auditing areas to ensure sustainability of improvements.
- Coordinate activities in scrap reduction, elimination of rework, material variances, labor variances, safety & ergonomic evaluations, and overall continuous improvement in assigned areas.
- Analyze current capabilities versus future production needs based on expected customer demand and establish machine, tooling, and process requirements.
- Plan, justify, execute, and monitor Capital projects related to manufacturing equipment and tooling implementation and sun-setting.
- Develop and maintain the layout of production and non-production floor space for effective utilization.
- Develop and maintain all production routings, work measurement standards, manufacturing set-up and work instructions, work center descriptions, etc. for operations in assigned areas.
- Provide support to the Maintenance Department to develop detailed instructions for preventative and predictive maintenance tasks for the upkeep of equipment.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing staff to ensure that all unit performance goals and objectives are supported.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with all support functions.
- Troubleshoot processes and quality defects in areas of responsibility.
- Lean manufacturing support, finding NVA & VA (Non Value Added Activities ), shop floor activites
- Manufacturing process engineering, Tooling/equipment design, Lean Manufacturing implementation, identifying and reducing waste, troubleshooting.
- Autocad, Creo, Solidwork
- BE or Equivalent