DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn?t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as ?Collaborate and Share the Credit,? a value that is deeply engrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value ?Find a Better Way? promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It?s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab.
Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent ?Lunch and Learns.?
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
Your Manufacturing Team at DWFritz
The Manufacturing team at DWFritz is highly collaborative and encourages creativity and innovation to produce world class, high precision machines. A common theme at DWFritz is the collaboration amongst peers, supervisors and leadership to deliver optimal solutions to our clients. This team is technically savvy, driven and proud. As we continue to grow and take on large projects, we look for passionate, hands-on team members who are excited about working in a fast-paced environment with one-of-a-kind, state of the art technology.
As a Manufacturing Supervisor at DWFritz you will be responsible for the execution of manufacturing plans by providing input to the design and project management teams, assigning, hiring and managing resources, tracking performance metrics, and ensuring we are delivering machines we can be proud of on schedule.
- Works with Design Teams, Project Managers, Manufacturing Engineers and the Director of Manufacturing to provide input on feasibility, resource, space and tooling requirements, along with scheduling and budget considerations.
- Drives execution of projects on the production floor and ensures an accurate status of the progress is provided to project stakeholders and leadership.
- Assigns production resources to projects and tasks based on skills and availability.
- Interviews, on-boards, trains and manages regular employees and contingency staff.
- Determines plans to effectively onboard and off-board contingency staff based on Resource Planning projections.
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching to manufacturing employees. Assess staff skills and creates opportunities to develop employee skill sets. Conducts annual performance reviews. Provides continual performance feedback and progressive discipline if needed.
- Alerts Project Managers and Leadership of needs to adjust work assignments or schedules to meet changing situations and priorities.
- Collaborates with Engineering to establish standard components to be used across multiple projects or assemblies.
- Tracks metrics and works with leadership to optimize production policies and processes. Works with Director of Manufacturing to implement changes.
- Applies metrics to provide recommendations to design teams, project teams, and leadership for future changes in order to ensure timely and cost effective execution.
- Keeps the production floor running efficiently including enforcement of safety policies, manufacturing procedures and quality standards.
- Works with Purchasing and Project Managers to control flow of modified parts and internally manufactured parts.
- Works with Shipping and Receiving to develop and implement kitting and project flow improvements.
- Ensures documentation is in place to facilitate training and to produce repeatable, quality products.
- Oversees stocking of tools and raw materials.
- Oversees safety, environmental, workspace plans and other workplace considerations.
- Oversees service and minor repairs of shop equipment.
- Maintain document records for manufacturing work orders.
- Collaborates with MFG engineering to assess and recommend new technologies to enhance MFG capabilities.
- Ensures employees comply with company policies.
- Collaborates with MFG Engineering to establish process flow.
- Maintains departmental budget and provides projections based on forecast sales.
- Drives Continuous Improvement and guides team to implement and maintain 5S.
- Measures & manages Rework & Scrap
- Assists and maintains a Visual Factory
- Leads by example.
- Demonstrated leadership of large teams. Desire to develop people, ability to objectively evaluate performance, and willingness to provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to foster relationships and communicate effectively with people in all levels of the organization and effectively collaborate within a diverse workforce.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
- General knowledge of engineering practices, including design for manufacturability, maintainability, reliability, safety and machine shop practices.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a matrix organization.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Your Education and Experience
- 3-5 years supervisor experience in a capital equipment manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience working in a project oriented environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in applying metrics to improve processes is required.
- Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent experience is required.