Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job Type: Regular
DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn't changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as "Collaborate and Share the Credit," a value that is deeply engrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value "Find a Better Way" promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It's also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab.
Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent "Lunch and Learns."
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
Your Finance Team at DWFritz
The Finance team at DWFritz is an achievement-driven group who strive to deliver best practices and who take pride in their role. When this team faces challenges they get the job done through open collaboration, professionalism and humor. Finding a better way and providing solutions in a rapidly growing and uniquely challenging environment is something this team thrives on. This group is known by its internal clients for understanding the business, providing options, and completing tasks better than expected. Brilliant solutions don't just come from our Engineers, the Finance team constantly seeks opportunities to provide brilliant input and implementation to all teams at DWFritz.
Under direction of the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will work with other accounting team members to fulfill various accounting responsibilities. These tasks may include auditing, journal entry (JE) preparation, reconciliation and other standard accounting transactions. As a Staff Accountant, this person may oversee accounting for accounts receivable, fixed assets, inventory accounting as well as reconciliations, adjustments and reporting. They will apply business acumen and partnershipworking with the Sales, Operations and SG&A teams supporting excellent materials, receivable and fixed asset management. They will assist in the generation of portions of the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements. Flexibility in managing change is a key and a desired attribute.
- Prepares accounting records, ensuring they are accurate, complete and conform to internal policies, procedures and GAAP.
- Prepares and records journal entries.
- Performs fixed asset analysis and reconciliations.
- Reviews inventory transactions and physical movement of material and performs inventory analysis and reconciliations.
- Monitors cycle counting and ensures periodic audit counts.
- Assets senior accounting staff in accounts receivable related tasks
- Assists with year-end audits.
- Assists with month and close activities.
- Assists with various, finance and operational reporting.
- Calculates and files various taxes, like Sales tax, property tax, etc.
- Other Ad Hoc requests.
- Ability to pivot quickly between tasks
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable in a changing environment
- Cross exposure to different facets of accounting desired
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple simultaneous tasks
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent Excel skills
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is desired
- 2 years in a small to medium sized business accounting experience
- Experience with ERP software a plus