TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
Production Supervisors support the manufacturing operations of the facility and manufactures products by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work flow. Position reports to the respective department manager. All candidates must be able to work any shift and be able to make it into work during inclement weather.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate hands-on approach to supervising the build of product, frequently checking quality and adherence to process steps.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Technical ability to know, understand and communicate the various processes of their department.
- Ability to identify production bottlenecks or constraints and work with others to improve product flow.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Responsible for schedule adherence while still maintaining high quality standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of labor standards and ability to compare actual labor hours to standard.
- Look for and provide feedback on efficiencies, continuous improvement, cost improvements, and innovation.
- Ensure cross training and job rotation of personnel; effectively and efficiently resource plan and schedule to meet commitments.
- Ensure that employees are trained to the procedures, material and equipment prior to commencing work.
- Conduct performance reviews, provide areas of development and recognize achievements
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve workplace issues.
- Ensure adherence to safety procedures, regulations and commitment to creating a safe working environment.
- 5 years' minimum experience in a manufacturing environment, previous experience in a supervisory or lead position preferred.
- Previous experience of quality systems and manufacturing processes required.
- Proven ability to lead/drive change using lean manufacturing techniques required.
- Ability to communicate effectively - verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
- Must possess strong mechanicaltroubleshooting skills and be able to train associates in the team.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degreepreferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree preferred. Five years experience in a manufacturing environment required, previous experience in a supervisory or lead position preferred.