$100K — $150K *
JOB PURPOSE: The Production Supervisor is responsible for all daily manufacturing activities inclusive of meeting daily delivery schedules, ensuring acceptable quality and maintaining a safe and positive work environment. Supervises the activities of manufacturing personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or manufacturing management required; MBA a plus
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 7+ years in manufacturing leadership in progressive roles; 10+ years in a manufacturing environment
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
· Six-sigma Green/Black Belt Certification and Lean Certification a plus
· Knowledge of Fiber Optic Industry desirable
· Critical thinking, problem solving, and problem resolution skills
· SAP Experience preferred
· Proficient in MS Office Excel, Word and Power Point; Acute ability to understand and use data for continuous improvement.
1. Ensuring that all scheduled machines are operated efficiently and within all specified guidelines.
2. At a minimum, ensuring all critical Key Process Indicators (KPIs) are met. For example, scrap and remake reduction targets, safety, FPY, OEE and OTD.
3. Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly TPM, 6S Audits and Standard work are fulfilled on time and as expected.
4. Ensuring that related company and plant policies and procedures are followed and exhibiting fair and consistent behavior relative to taking disciplinary measures when necessary.
5. Responsible for communicating / coordinating with other Production Supervisors, Planning, Procurement, Process Engineering, Maintenance and Quality to ensure production demands are fully supported and delivery expectations are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Additionally, will be fully responsible for upholding the voice of the customer and to support full compliance with all TL9000 and ISO manufacturing and safety requirements.
6. Fully discloses all problems, issues and concerns regarding priorities with the previous and incoming shift Supervisors as well as Operations Manager. Daily shift and cell communication with Leads and shift Associates. Communicate issues and concerns with Material Management, Process Engineering, QA, Maintenance and Safety. Responsible for value-added sharing at daily shift and plant established meetings.
7. Ensures (directly and via Leads) that all scheduled equipment is in acceptable operational condition prior to the manufacture of any product and reports all non-compliances to Maintenance Management. Subsequently will ensure that staffing and machine assignments are reflective of trained personnel.
8. Assists Leads and Associates with diagnosis and correction of machine, product, and paperwork problems. Guides and maintains full responsibility for all operational decisions; ensures maintenance work orders are written in a timely manner and provides follow up to ensure expectations are met. Leads the notification of Operations Manager, Maintenance, and Engineering when equipment, process, or production problems cannot be corrected by the manufacturing team.
9. Conducts immediate root cause analyses when non-conformances occur using the 8-Step and 5-Whys corrective action methodologies. Preparing detailed analysis indicating how and why issues (non-conformances, accidents, breakdowns) occurred and what will be done to prevent future reoccurrence.
10. Reviews and prepares safety reports coupled with immediate phone notification to management (EH&S, Operations, GM and HR) whenever accidents occur. Issue disciplinary action when deemed necessary per company and plant policies. Completes weekly E-Time prior to Sundays at 11pm. Completes and submits all shift performance reports to Operations Manager. Responsible for guaranteeing full review (cell meetings) and acknowledgement of procedural and material changes. Supports the needs of the end of the month inventory needs.
11. Must be willing to develop Leads and Operators to grow to the next step, and show active behavior supporting this effort quarterly. Clear understanding that shift hours while established may not be the norm relative to attendance. Supervisors are expected to fulfill their duties completely on a daily basis which oftentimes will warrant working beyond an 8-9 day. Additionally, each supervisor can be expected to be required to be in attendance on scheduled weekends when deemed necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
· Must be a safety conscious individual
6305 Crescent Drive, Norcross, Georgia 30071
Valid through: 3/3/2021