Franklin Fueling Systems is the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. We have a passion for quality and innovation.
Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for supervising staff who manufacture assigned Franklin Electric products. Meets budgetary goals for efficiency, finances, safety, and scrap.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the activities of the manufacturing team members in the polymer pipe extrusion area and the rotational molding area.
- Implements and maintains safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- Manages the production schedule. Coordinates production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Manages employee performance, hiring, discipline, development, and recourse planning.
- Ensures the appropriate level of accountability for manufacturing goals and objectives.
- Plans and monitors capacity maximization.
- Monitors and takes appropriate timely improvement action to meet manufacturing quality and quantity.
- Leads continuous improvement activities for assigned functions.
- Follows up on production processes to ensure quality specifications are met and takes immediate corrective action to correct any substandard work.
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams to help achieve the department goals.
- Anticipates and determines causes in production delays and takes appropriate actions to meet daily schedules.
- Reviews reoccurring maintenance and/or repair problems with manufacturing engineering to help determine the appropriate action to correct the root cause.
- Studies the department operations to assist in the development of new or improved methods of tooling and/or production processes.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Supervises supervisory and/or non-supervisory employee(s).
- Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; assisting in addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows statistical process control.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the generalpublic, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement).
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
- Visually distinguishes and interprets wording and symbols from such worktools as blueprints, work instructions, books, manuals, and computer screens.
- Multitasks projects involving employee, machine, and material issues.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent of four years of high school (required).
- Experience with the set-up and running of a polymer pipe extrusion line(highly preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, business administration or a related field (preferred).
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience (required). Relevant education can substitute for years of experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred).
- Experience with continuous improvement, Six Sigma methodology (Green or Black Belt), and/or lean manufacturing (preferred).
- Intermediate: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet, specifically Microsoft EXCEL
- Basic: Word processing/typing, Internet browser.
- Experience with company wide ERP systems.
Certificates and Licenses
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continually required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionallyrequired to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee may be subjected tofumes or airborne particles, moving parts, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Franklin Electric has reviewed this job description to ensure that it includes the role's essential functions and basic duties. The job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the workdescribed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Franklin Electric reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform as the company deems appropriate.