5 - 7 years
Posted 238 days ago
Manufacturing Supervisor Chino, CA
Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016.
We are currently searching for a Manufacturing Supervisor for our multi-shift production and distribution facility in Chino, California. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Manufacturing Supervisor’s primary focus will be managing and coordination of the 1st shift production employees in order to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to safety, quality, delivery, cost and innovation.
With a secondary role, the candidate will be responsible for resolving a variety of production challenges, ensuring no impact to deliveries due to material shortages, inventory control measures are followed and supports the SIOP process.
Data gathering, analysis and reporting back to site leadership is a significant activity in this role. The ideal candidate for this position is a team player and a motivated problem-solver with an analytical mindset who can produce high-quality work in a fast paced environment.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Promote Atkore’s Operating Principals (SQDC) safety, quality, delivery, and cost for increased customer satisfaction.
• Oversee day to day production operations, schedules, and plant activities to address demand spikes, satisfy customer requirements and optimize the production plan.
• Print Raw Material, WIP and Finished Goods labels.
• Establish point of use material and maintain kanbans to ensure optimized inventory for production support without interruption to manufacturing and JIT delivery.
• Work with manufacturing leadership on rough cut capacity modeling for SIOP monthly and longer term capacity planning.
• Provide daily and weekly reports on consumables min/max levels and ensure trigger point purchasing for internally purchased products and coordinate purchases with central purchasing for material they procure.
• Manage the production status board hourly requirements and maintain the daily throughput tracking by process area.
• Drive culture change, accountability, and continuous improvement mindset throughout the production team
• Coordinate and conduct quality improvement efforts
• Coach employees on performance issues and conduct escalation action as necessary as it relates to performance, attendance, safety, quality, production or other forms of conduct
• Control of manufacturing costs and minimize overtime
• Utilize data to drive project improvements to include working withsupport groups (Engineering, Purchasing, Distribution and Cost Accounting) in Process, Quality and Cost improvement projects.
• Communication with all levels of the organization
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility.
• 3 years of supervisor/managerial experience.
• Prior production control/planning experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to work 12 hour shifts.
• Evidence of kanbans, material flow projects, removing waste and cost in the supply chain process is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated capability with LEAN tools, concepts and principles.
• Very effective written and oral communication skills (electronic, face to face, phone, etc.)
• Computer Skills (proficient in MS Office)
• Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
• Understanding of how to lead and develop High Performance Teams, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Requisition Number 18-0074