Manufacturing consists of the production of Company products which typically encompasses such methods as machining, fabricating, assembly, inspection, test and overhaul.
Supervise a group or groups engaged in various activities in the Operations organization. Direct the resolution of technical and logistics problems and the introduction of measures to improve operations and customer relations.
Typical duties/responsibilities for operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise a group (or groups) engaged in various activities in the Operations organization.
• Direct the resolution of technical and logistical problems, as well as the introduction of measures to improve operations and customer relations.
• Plan and establish schedules and assign work while considering requirements and priorities.
• Ensure most effective utilization of staff and equipment in order to cost-effectively achieve objectives while concurrently implementing efforts to continuously improve performance.
• Monitor activities, as well as anticipate and respond effectively to problems to ensure that employees are properly trained and that work is performed in accordance with health and safety requirements.
• Manage the resolution of complex technical problems and human resources issues, in concert with senior managers and human resource representatives.
• Maintain awareness of new developments and technologies: review equipment capabilities, methods, and processes, then determine feasibility of utilizing alternative approaches, consolidating functions, and modifying or replacing equipment to reduce costs and improve quality.
• Devise and implement new approaches to recurring problems.
• Prepare or assist in preparing budgets and ensure adherence to approved budget plans.
• Provide guidance and training, and ensure fair and equitable treatment of staff.
• Assist less experienced supervisors with the more complex aspects of their assignments.
• Manage and document employee performance, and develop associated recommendations.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the organization's activities and independently resolve complex problems.
• Communicate effectively, represent the group, and influence decisions.
• Anticipate problems and recognize opportunities for cost-effectively improving operations.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in manufacturing and/or military environments; OR
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience in manufacturing and/or military environments; OR
• High School Diploma (or GED) and 9 years of experience in manufacturing and/or military environments.
Ideally this position could be filled at a more senior level should the candidate meet the following qualifications:
-High school diploma or GED and twelve (12) years of experience in manufacturing and/or military environments; OR
-Associates degree and ten (10) years of experience in manufacturing and/or military environments; OR
-Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of experience in manufacturing and/or military environments; OR
-Master’s degree (MS) and six (6) years of experience in manufacturing and/or military environments
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, and/or other related fields.
• Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification (Green Belt or Black Belt).
• Proven leadership expertise with supervisory experience.
• Experience working with electrical manufacturing, power electronics, and/or transformer systems.
• Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal) and a high level of integrity.
• Candidates currently residing/ working in US without any need/ assistance for work visa related immigration matters.