Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead growth activities, including opportunity identification, business development, capture management, proposal development, pipeline growth, and closing new business.
- Lead the development and execution of go-to-market strategies.
- Leverage USP brand, positioning, and relationships to build a business development strategy to advance USP’s visibility and reputation as a thought leader in the AMT and PCM spaces.
- Cultivate a network of partner organizations to allow for pursuit of opportunities beyond current capabilities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the life science community with particular focus on those connected to advanced manufacturing technologies and continuous manufacturing.
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with clients through focused visits and presentations to ensure high levels of client engagement and satisfaction.
- Drive client discovery and proposal preparation while drawing upon subject matter experts and other support.
- Collaborate with internal partners for technical meetings and on-going client satisfaction.
- Contribute expertise to cross-functional teams pursuing sources of government funding.
- Deliver on short-term and long-term objectives that advance USP’s impact and sustainability.
- Partner with USP’s New Ventures team on acquisitive growth strategies.
- Bachelors degree with 10+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience capturing US government funding and contracting opportunities, especially through sources such as BARDA, ASPR, FDA, DoD, etc.