The Manufacturing Sr. Engineer II is responsible for providing manufacturing engineering services to support efficient manufacturing processes. Engineering services may include cell management, process development, project management, process validation, tool design, and trouble shooting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating, maintaining, and improving controlled technical documents such as prints, procedures, bill of materials and routers
- Developing and supporting a wide variety of processing applications such as machining, finishing, forging, casting, cleaning, heat treating, bonding, molding, etc
- Conducting feasibility study on advanced processes to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements
- Establishing and improving process methods which meet performance and quality requirements
- Developing, leading, and executing project plans and schedules for work activities
- Communicating (written and verbal) direction and project plans with appropriate personnel from other departments
- Evaluating multiple options to select the most appropriate processes and machining methods
- Leading equipment qualification or process validation project(s)
- Solving a variety of complex product and/or process performance issue
- Developing rationale to set new process performance and quality standards
Expected Areas of Competence
- Sound understanding of concepts and principles for manufacturing and new product processing and a basic knowledge of these elements in areas such as Quality, Development, or Sourcing.
- Full working knowledge of all supporting department needs and capabilities, including the ability to discern when inaccurate information is supplied and offer ideas for how to correct it.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanisms required to implement processes and manage product flow
- Full working knowledge of the development process and procedures.
- Competence with drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements
- Ability to lead and prioritize medium complexity project assignments and complete work in a timely manner
- Good problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools
- Ability to effectively work within a cross-functional team to complete critical project tasks.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project.
- B.S. in engineering with a minimum of 5-7 years of manufacturing engineering experience. Or other technical or advanced degree plus 8 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering or technical role.
- Knowledge in Lean Principles and or Six Sigma or other problem solving methodology is preferred.
Up to 10%