Manufacturing Project Manager
Tired of your work and ideas not being recognized? Come work with us at Cortland, an Actuant Company ? we will empower you to make decisions, ask you to focus on continuous improvement and implement your innovative ideas.
Come work where you are not just a number! At Cortland/Actuant your contributions are visible and opportunities for expanding your knowledge are unlimited.
Grow, Improve and Engage? Cortland/Actuant?s guiding values and vision can only be achieved by hiring top talent. Come join a global company that has a motivated, customer-orientated, and continuous improvement focused workforce.
In return for your contributions to achieving our vision ? you will be rewarded for your performance, have access to virtual and hands on learning and development opportunities and have the potential for career growth.
What makes this role exciting?
Cortland Company, part of the Actuant Corporation, is a global designer and manufacturer of engineered synthetic ropes, heavy lift slings, medical devices made of synthetic fibers and electro-optical-mechanical cables. We have a broad collection of rope and cable processing capabilities. With a history of entrepreneurialism and a broad experience in custom-built applications, we deliver world-class solutions that maximize performance, safety, and efficiency for our clients in the oil and gas, heavy marine, subsea, ROV, seismic, medical, defense and aerospace markets. From our strategically placed sales, engineering, and service centers, we support global customers at a local level. We are proud of our commitment to drive performance and provide continuous improvements for our clients.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Project Manager, who, in the short-term, will be responsible for managing the building and fit up of our new medical manufacturing facility. If you desire to be a part of a plant start-up, have the opportunity to commission new equipment, this opportunity may be meaningful to you! Long term, this individual will be looked to as a successor to our site leader and as such, will provide a unique opportunity to advance within the company within 2-4 years. We are looking for a results-driven leader who will grow as our business grows.
- Help us meet our customers? demand for our medical devices! You will be leading an expansion of our medical business by ensuring the timely construction, equipment installation and qualification of new equipment for our new medical manufacturing facility which will allow the company to continue our rapid growth in the medical device market.
- Lead a project team to success! Demonstrate strong project management principles, practices and techniques to lead project teams and manage project schedules, cost and risks to ensure the requirements of the project are delivered on time and within budget.
- You will drive open dialogue across functional groups to build proactive working relationships that ensure all project requirements are defined, understood and integrated into a comprehensive project plan.
- You will oversee all safety and environmental regulations and policies to ensure compliance.
- You will make decisions and take action on matters directly affecting goals and understand when to escalate issues to higher levels. You will continuously analyse the risks and future impact of decisions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical field required.
- Experience leading a manufacturing or operations team and holding individuals accountable; experience with a high quality, sensitive product a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading a project team.
- Customer contact experiencerequired with the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, etc., while keeping management informed.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical, financial and legal requirements to ensure customer requirements of a completed project are achieved and risk is minimized.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to influence with tact, diplomacy and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency required
If you?re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity ? choose Actuant
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer