Under the general direction of the Director of Operations, the Manufacturing Program Manager provides support to the Operations Department by insuring that all material requirements for assigned programs are satisfied within contractual requirements. The main functions of the Manufacturing Program Manager will be MRP execution, subcontractor management, coordination of technical problem resolution and new business cost estimating. This function entails the overall scheduling, planning and oversight of hardware fabrication efforts (both in-house and subcontract efforts) to ensure contractual delivery requirements are made on-time and within budget.
- Responsible for assigned project planning, scheduling and oversight of hardware fabrication efforts, both internal and subcontract, to ensure contractual deliveries are made on time and within budget.
- Responsible for coordinating with Design and Manufacturing teams to yield an accurate Bill of Materials to be utilized for Material Requirements Planning (MRP) upon Sales Order execution.
- Responsible for coordination with L3T CSC internal cost estimating department to insure new business opportunities are adequately priced and substantiated to be in compliance with US Government FAR & DFAR cost and pricing regulations.
- Responsible for managing and directing production team of Material Planners, Manufacturing Engineers and Production Supervisors for project execution at multiple L3T CSC facilities.
- Responsible for interface with other supporting functions consisting of Quality Assurance Engineers, Design Engineers, and Subcontract Managers to ensure prompt resolutions of technical issues impacting hardware production activities.
- Thorough knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations pertaining to execution of US Government contracts.
- Thorough knowledge of different types of US Government contract types (Fixed Price, Cost Plus and Time & Material).
- Thorough understanding of MRP systems.
- Thorough understanding of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) for both internal and customer reporting of project cost and schedule control.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience in related field.
- Prior US Government contracting experiencedesired but not mandatory.