Manufacturing / Production Manager - Night Shift
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
Responsible for planning, monitoring and scheduling of staff and work operations in a safe and efficient manner. Also responsible for employment decisions, reviews and overall development of direct reports.
This position will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Providing leadership and continuous improvement to the team in the areas of safety, quality, cost/productivity and delivery.
- Support MasterBrand Production System (MPS) including continuous improvement.
- Providing necessary resources and training, coaches/mentors associates on behavior relevant to MBCI values, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Analyzing production schedules and estimates employee hour requirements and establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Developing and maintaining a working relationship with the manufacturing associates ensuring the adherence to MasterBrand Cabinets’ Four Basics & Six for Success.
- Evaluating needs and requirements for new products or processes.
- All other duties as may be assigned at management's discretion.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives result; consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Build effective teams and drive engagement; build strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization win
- Decision Quality; makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Collaboration; works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Resourcefulness; orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal
- Directs work; provides clear direction and accountabilities
Education & Experience
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated team participation and/or leadership and related continuous improvement successes.
- A sound working knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- BS in Engineering, Business or a related field required