It’s an exciting time to consider joining OMAX. In April 2019, OMAX Corporation was acquired by Hypertherm, a global 100% employee-owned industrial cutting solutions leader frequently awarded as a Best Place to Work company and celebrated for its culture of ownership and shared rewards. Recently Hypertherm was awarded New Hampshire’s Manufacturing company of the decade.
The integration of the two companies is still in process. With the stability of an over 50-year history with no layoffs, Hypertherm does not plan to make significant changes to OMAX’s operations or management structure. The company’s current offices and manufacturing operations in Kent, WA, will remain intact with no consolidations or reductions planned.
Our Kent, WA location at OMAX is currently recruiting a full-time Manufacturing Process Engineer. In this position, you will have an opportunity to utilize your manufacturing & project management skills to become an associate of an amazing company!
You will be responsible for deploying new manufacturing methods to improve quality, reduce cost and reduce lead time. You will also lead process improvement projects and initiatives using Lean and Six Sigma practices to enhance quality, reduce cost, improve safety, and increase earnings for our innovative organization.
- Provide assistance to manufacturing operations by leading the troubleshooting of issues, identifying and resolving root causes, and developing and implementing test processes as appropriate and analyze and recommend formal corrective actions to production or product design improvements
- Lead and coach production personnel on process, equipment, and analysis to problem solve for continuous improvement
- Carry out formal and timely manufacturability (DFM/DFT) review on all new products
- Lead manufacturing in setting up lines and cells to build new and existing products using modern 'lean' manufacturing practices
- Coordinate with Product Engineering to assure that all Engineering models/drawings and specifications are adequate to accurately define all manufacturing and quality requirements to produce a product that meets design requirements
- Coordinate with engineering on all functional test requirements of existing and new products. Assure that customers receive a product that meets all the quality and reliability standards
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for Supervisors and work center to monitor key Production Processes
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical field with knowledge in the application of basic engineering principles, theories, and techniques and a minimum of 5+ year’s relevant manufacturing experience. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing a must.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, or other change control processes and Lean Manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement efforts with broad knowledge of production machinery, machine programming, machining processes, assembly tools and processes
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting
- Proficient with CAD software Solid Works (or equivalent), MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and other common office tools. Experience with ERP System a Plus
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical assemblies and provide solutions and provide technical guidance to the manufacturing team
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills and be self directed and results oriented with traits of a Change Leader
- Ability to work and lead effectively within a team or autonomously and handle multiple projects
- Must use a data-focused approach to problem solving with strong analytical and good organizational skills